easiest way to tranfer

amelie

Arachnopeon
whats the easiest way to transfer a centipede?
and also whats the longevity?

Arachnoboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't know what the easiest way to transfer a centipede is, but I use a long pair of tweezers to grab the centipede,applying just enough pressure to prevent it from escaping the grip (they wiggle and bite the tweezers trying to escape),and to little pressure to crush it. Works fine for me...

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what i do is "chase" it into another container,i get a tall delicup, i have hemos also but i use the hemos and touch the pede and have the cup ready and it shoots into the cup and pop on the lid,most of the time it workson the first shot,but sometimes they get alittle smart and don't always go in on the first shot.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
what i do is "chase" it into another container,i get a tall delicup, i have hemos also but i use the hemos and touch the pede and have the cup ready and it shoots into the cup and pop on the lid,most of the time it workson the first shot,but sometimes they get alittle smart and don't always go in on the first shot.
this is about how i do it. i don't like to grab them with tweezers or hemostats

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I use the "poke and chase" method as well. I always use 12" tongs to keep fingers out of harms way! I always do the transferring in the bathtub as well with the plug in, this way, if by some chance there is an escape, there's not really anywhere for the centipede to go and it's easily recoverable. Trust me, it's no fun trying to chase down a pede that's loose somewhere in your house!!!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
{D yeah, i'd be alittle nervous if my big suspinipies or my huge gigantea would escape.......my chiuahua would be on the menu:drool: