easiest tarantula to breed?

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha I didnt even bother trying to count all of those. That picture was taken after I sold/give away a bunch and the cup was still full! I guesstimate 500-800? This species is native to where I live so I always release most slings. Its my way of replacing the female I caught a few years ago and of course when I collect wandering males in the Fall. The mother of those slings was mated last Fall and I have had her cooling off all Winter. I would say I could get another egg sac really soon if I would bring her inside to warm up. I might do that in the next few days
i live in spring field mo.where do you find them ?do you have any more?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
the g. aureostriata never made a sack.mating went good on all.
How long has it been? It can take well over 6 months for G. aerio to lay a sack.

Neither C. crawshayi or GBB's would be a good choice. GBB females seem (IME) to be absolute male chompers. And that's expensive. Its a waste of money if you're not careful.

I'd suggest. A. avic, G. rosea, P. murinus, or C. fasciatum.

-Sean

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I don't think that it was too smart to do that, you probably thought she wasn't gonna lay huh? That plus the constant peaking could have caused her to eat it. How long after she laid did she eat it?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How long has it been? It can take well over 6 months for G. aerio to lay a sack.

Neither C. crawshayi or GBB's would be a good choice. GBB females seem (IME) to be absolute male chompers. And that's expensive. Its a waste of money if you're not careful.

-Sean
C fasciatum will chomp a male too believe me. In fact they seem as bad as GBB for that

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
C fasciatum will chomp a male too believe me. In fact they seem as bad as GBB for that

I've read quite a few posts that suggest this as well, but my female and male have cohabbited for over 2 weeks, I guess I'm just lucky? With no signs of aggression either. I hope the male is doing what needs to be done.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

-Sean
it was last year for the G. aerio .i didnt know it could take 6 months.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
it was last year for the G. aerio .i didnt know it could take 6 months.
Oh ya, most Grammostola spp. can take awhile to lay an eggsac. Of course it also depends on temperature and such.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Grammastola and Aphonapelma do EVERYTHING slow. Thats why I dont keep very many, in fact I dont even own a Grammastola and dont plan to anytime soon

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I've never had that problem, in fact, they've been the easiest I've bred. (Except the tiny males kinda tend to be pretty quick). Females seem very co-operative.

-Sean

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've never had that problem, in fact, they've been the easiest I've bred. (Except the tiny males kinda tend to be pretty quick). Females seem very co-operative.

-Sean
I agree I have co habited my male and females before with no problem. You look at them wrong and they get gravid. They were the first species I ever bred and the female I had double clutched, second one was bad but the first one went without any problem.
Plus the males are speedy little guys and seem to avoid even the most intentional signs of agression from the female.

I believe they aren't as slow as Grammostola or Aphonopelma. Just a little bit faster. :?
No you are right, I still have not found a species that grows any slower then G Rosea. Talk about taking their time good grief, Ill be 60 before my slings shows some color.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
so the easiest to breed are A. avic, G. rosea, P. murinus, or C. fasciatum.thanks

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn't say C.fasciatum is the easiest, just not the hardest.

I would go with G.rosea, P.murinus, A.avicularia, and probably some Aphonopelma spp.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Really? I get viable sacs out of them much more then I have ever with Rosea....... lol actually I have never had a Rosea sac :D, (a sac that made it at least)and I have had what, hmm if this female I mated drops that will be 6 sacs from the C.fasciatum.