Easiest feeders to breed

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Can you breed dubias freeze then defrost as needed like with mammal feeders?
I have froze B.lats before when I started out with some tiny slings. I bought some Ts from a guy at a show and he gave me some small B.lats to feed them with. Having 50 with just two slings I froze 5 to see how it would go. I put them in a vial and into the freezer. Shake one out and let it thaw and the Ts ate them like they would any pre-killed prey.

I've never tried to freeze Dubias. With just basic care you can keep them alive for a long time so I don't think there is a need. I can however throw one in the freezer and let you know how it goes if you want.

All this being said, I don't like Dubai's as a feeder, especially for arboreals. Dubai's have too much of a tendency to freeze and be missed by the tarantula or go straight down and hide under whatever they can wedge their body into. So feeding anything but mature males to my arboreals has been a straight nightmare.
I just crush the heads before putting them in. They will move around till they are snatched up by the T. It also keeps the from hoping down the burrows. If the T doesn't eat and you have crushed the head you can't put it back in the colony and use it later. Though, that's not too big a concern for me as I have a ton of them. Once you get used to the eating schedule of your Ts you'll have less leftovers.

When I fed the P.Cam last night I picked the right size, crushed it's head, and placed it near the entrance to her corkbark hide. It walked up and around a bit till she came and snatched it up.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Anyone out there sell dubias in Nebraska I would rather not have them shipped if I don't have to

Andromalius

Arachnopeon
Blatta lateralis, really fast exponential growth. Faster than Dubias I think. Can't climb smooth surfaces, lays eggs. More elusive than Dubias tho, and can easily infest a house once they escape, if the escape.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Blatta lateralis, really fast exponential growth. Faster than Dubias I think. Can't climb smooth surfaces, lays eggs. More elusive than Dubias tho, and can easily infest a house once they escape, if the escape.
They are faster than dubias, but i would simply never use those, they are great escapists and true can easily infest your house. Once i knew someone who had them all over the apartment. :D

crlovel

Arachnopeon
I keep a colony of Orange Head roaches (Eublaberus prosticus). The Ts all love them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
All of those roaches, B.dubia especially: they love to f... like rats and hedgehogs combined together.

Andromalius

Arachnopeon
They are faster than dubias, but i would simply never use those, they are great escapists and true can easily infest your house. Once i knew someone who had them all over the apartment. :D
I accidentally dropped one whole bin of em in my Exo room. Fortunately, I sealed all corners and openings of the room earlier in the month because of ants. Moved every piece of furniture inside and caught all (OH GOD I HOPE). Few weeks now and so far, no sign of em anywhere. Wife was surprisingly forgiving and bought me 2 colonies after. Heh.

So yes, infestation wise, theyre prolific breeders and infestors (infestators? infestationers?)

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Eh :)
I doubt my man... judging from recent years the rate of little Italian babies went skyrocketing down. B.dubia females on the other hand keeps pooping out little roaches for the cause :-s
I joke, I dated an Italian girl once. Quite a handful.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Italian or Italian/American btw? :)

Yeah, they are cool, but jealous as F-Word :-s
Italian American. Her grandmother was the coolest though, thick accent full Italian. And old. I just like old people I think because I'm fascinated with the past. But anyway she was a bad**s Italian grandmother. I miss her pasta more than my Ex.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Dubias breed fast and are a decent size assuming that they are kept warm and well fed so I keep a colony of those. But I hate their survival habits.

S.lateralis are great feeders for smaller Ts. They run a lot as well, which initiates a good feeding response.

If I see some lobster roaches around my house, I will come with a torch. Can't deal with glass climbers.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
Since this, I now have a breeding colony of dubias and a colony of B. peruvians that have a few young running about, as well as the orange heads. I'm actually giving the orange head colony a break.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Italian American. Her grandmother was the coolest though, thick accent full Italian. And old. I just like old people I think because I'm fascinated with the past. But anyway she was a bad**s Italian grandmother. I miss her pasta more than my Ex.
When Italians go to America they usually find it pretty traumatic eating your pasta.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
When Italians go to America they usually find it pretty traumatic eating your pasta.
What do you mean? This pre made dry and flavorless variety is not Italian enough. Lol. you mean to tell me that putting this blasphemous pasta into a bag with a stereotypical Italian woman plastered on the front does not make it authentic?