earwigs?

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
So I was long wanting to get into earwigs. so today I caught a male. I put it in a temporary plastic box with ventilation and a carrot. My question is ; can they symbiosis with a female. ; can they eat pre-killed meal worms - crickets.? I always wanted to raise those, and maybe try them out as feeders. (treat)

schmiggle

Arachnoking
By symbiosis, do you mean live with? As far as food is concerned, I'm pretty sure they'll eat just about anything--they're like crickets that way. But be careful with them as feeders--those pincers make effective weaponry in a pinch (get it?).

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Adults and specimens of similar size can coexist OK so long as they have plenty of room and food. Cannibilism is otherwise an issue when it to comes to newly hatched nymphs and between adults/juvenils different in size. Prekilled insects are accepted well but plant material may be needed depending on species.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
its an european earwig - i saw on wikipedia that they are omnivores, but mostly they scavange dead prey and rarely plant matter. I Gave it a mealworm and it went close to eat, trying to pinch it, but i havent seen it eat either the carrot or the mealworm yet. Waiting for a female.