Earwig in an Enclosure?

42LegAPede

Arachnosquire
I found an Earwig in one of my enclosures. I am not sure if it is harmful because I believe they are scavengers, or at least some are. Thoughts?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I found an Earwig in one of my enclosures. I am not sure if it is harmful because I believe they are scavengers, or at least some are. Thoughts?
Most earwigs eat decaying plant matter and such. There isn't many that are carnivorous and those only mess with prey smaller than them.

I think the biggest problem is if the substrate was suitable for egg laying, it may have laid eggs and the babies would become a nuisance to your inhabitant.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
What are you keeping in your enclosure? If its a predator it probably would have eaten the pincher bug after too long, if its a herbivore, the pincher bug might bother it a bit too much. Thanks.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
There have been some cases where they have eaten roach nymphs, so if you are keeping it in with any of those I would remove it asap, unless it's a fairly healthy colony of roaches and you don't mind it eating a few from time to time.