Earthtiger acclimating???

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all you guys and gals...
I was wondering on what you might have to say on how long it takes a spider to acclimate and settle into a new habitat.I have 3 Chinese Earthtigers ( my absolute favorite species) and while two of them have apparently settled into their enclosures and proceeded to lay down copious amounts of webbing and are feeding well - my big female Black Earthtiger has not laid down and webbing and refuses to feed...she has been in her new enclosure now for about a month

She otherwise appears to be in good health and has a fairly plump abdomen.I also would appreciate any comments about this species ( Haplopelma schmidti ) as I truly love this particular type of tarantula and would like to hear what you all have to say about it...I am particularly interested in information on its venom toxicity..I have heard that Earthtigers are rather hot....so I use a lot of caution in dealing with them...but they are awesome spiders...!!!!!!!

=D The Spider Hunter

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldn't be too worried about the webbing, most of my earthtigers don't lay down that much webbing, only for their burrows to hold up. You might need to try a different set up, it might not like it's environment, check the temperature and humidity also. Make sure it has a hide and a water dish. Don't be too worried if it doesn't eat also, it might be in pre molt, so it's not a big deal since you say it's abdomen is still pretty big. Hope this helps some.

-Jeremy

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Earth tiger

is your Chinese Black a import? if so that could be the problem? I have a 2-3" chinese black,that would not burrow until I started one for him/her. And now its doing great.They are such magnificent animals.
Doug