E. Truculentus opinions

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
You guys are making me drool... Hope there are some of these at the Sacremento reptile show in Sep. What about a pic in natural (sunlight) light?

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Around $60 is what I paid for each of my two females, so for a male that would probably be on the expensive side.

Mine have the typical super-chill Euathlus temperament and are very good eaters but they don't really do much. The larger one burrowed a bit in one corner of her cage but for the most part they're (mine at least) kinda pet rock-y. Very beautiful though close-up with good lighting, especially fresh after a molt

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
You guys are making me drool... Hope there are some of these at the Sacremento reptile show in Sep. What about a pic in natural (sunlight) light?
No luck there its cloudy overcast and drizzling here today

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'd get a picture of mine if she wasn't still recovering from her molt :D

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
As Bob said, looks more like a Maule.

All you guys with girls, gimme! I've got my guy on ice until I find some chicas!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Andy00

I believe you have the Euathlus "species"/genus confused. It's not even a genus in case you didn't know, ie, not scientifically characterized.

Only E. sp Red and E. sp Yellow have a great disposition. The one you mentioned does not. They aren't OW defensive, but they are larger, much more skittish and may flick as well. The Reds/Yellow are the the wonderful laid back Ts.

P. scrofa while smaller, than E. trunc, has very same skittish/flicky behavior.

Even G. pulchripes has a better disposition than both species you mentioned.

still isn't a mature male so I'm guessing it's a female. Would you agree?
No I wouldn't, esp w/out looking at it or with a molt.

Is this a good price for this species?
Not in my opinion.