E. pachypus leg is messed up

Brianhogs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed yesterday that my E. pachypus's leg was not moving when she walked. She basically just drags it around, but if I touch it, it will extend out or curls under her body. Im suprised that she hasn't removed it.

Oh and if it helps, its her right rear leg.

Can I do anything to help?

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had this happen to an H lividum and H gigas once before... in both cases they threw it themselves, though. I would say you could help her throw it by, uh, pulling it off, haha... but I would think if it was bothering her so much she would do it herself.

Edit... I also had a male G rosea that his back leg didn't work right, either... bought him like that so I dunno what happened but he never threw it and I left it alone. When he went to molt, though, the leg didn't come out of the molt so he ended up throwing it then.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeh she will drop it herself.
I also had an H gigas that did that.
Do you see it leaking from anywhere?

Brianhogs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No, but im pretty sure that she did on her abdomen at some point. I was looking at her one day and it looked like she had lost a lot of weight. I thought she was going to die. But that was about a month ago and she has been doing fine until now.

I moved the leg around to see if it got cut or wounded but really I couldn't see anything wrong with her.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If you don't see any leaking, I would leave it alone.
She knows what to do.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That why substrate hight is important, did she break it by climbing.