• E murinus

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • C albostriatus

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These two species have similar coloration, I’m wondering which coloration do you prefer? Discussions on which species as a whole you prefer are also welcome.

I have a C. albostriatus sling and really love the pattern it’s already showing. They’re crazy fast too.

Ephebopus murinus

<Image removed by moderator.>

Cyriopagopus albostriatus

<Image removed by moderator.>

Last edited by a moderator:

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I refuse to vote and choose - they're both too beautiful and I don't want my girls thinking I'm playing favorites. :angelic::troll:

Objectively speaking, I think I'd give the edge to albostriatus on aesthetics because of that pretty, busy pattern on the abdomen, but gun to my head on which I'd keep if I could only pick one, it'd go to the murinus hands down.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Both gorgeous, but at the end of the day my preference lies with the more stocky built tarantulas. Additionally, the carapace coloration of the E. murinus also nudges me in its direction.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I have both and it's a easy pick - my C. albostriatus is a stunner, one of the most surprising T's I've seen in person. The gold on their legs practically glows in the light.

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
I am biased towards Ephebobus spec. for some reason, so vote for them.

But I have never seen a C. Albostrinatus live so who knows.

Poecilotherion33

Arachnopeon
Hummmmm, hard to decide since both species are gorgeous. But if I had to choose, probably I would go for E. murinus, I had a male in the past that I raised from a 1/2 inch sling to a mature boy and I´m afraid that I´m emotion-biased to the species. LOL

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
My E. murinus is gorgeous, but she is very shy, and she’ll often retreat down into her burrow at the slightest disturbance. My C. albostriatus on the other hand, is much more bold and doesn’t retreat when I take the lid off of her enclosure. So if I could only keep one of my two specimens, I’d go with the C. albostriatus, but if they both behaved the same, It’d come down to the flip of a coin....

E. Murinus (Skeleton Tarantula):
upload_2020-1-20_12-12-30.jpeg

upload_2020-1-20_12-13-9.jpeg

C. albostriatus (Thai Zebra Tarantula):
upload_2020-1-20_12-13-45.jpeg

upload_2020-1-20_12-14-1.jpeg

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Similair coloration, similair habits and lifestyle and similair temperament. I like both but prefers E murinus i think?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I personally prefer the C. albostriatus. The subtle traces of blue on the front legs and the striped, fluffy abdomen are really pretty.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Mine’s a sweetheart. I think many keepers have defensive E. murinus because they set them up as terrestrials, when ideally, they should be set up fossorially.
They web heavily when set up terrestrially, right? I'm guessing that with a correct setup they make tunnels with that web.