1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

E. Murinus vs C. Albostriatus

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by SuzukiSwift, Nov 27, 2019.

Which coloration do you prefer?

1. E murinus

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. C albostriatus

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. Advertisement
    These two species have similar coloration, I’m wondering which coloration do you prefer? Discussions on which species as a whole you prefer are also welcome.

I have a C. albostriatus sling and really love the pattern it’s already showing. They’re crazy fast too.

Ephebopus murinus

<Image removed by moderator.>

Cyriopagopus albostriatus

<Image removed by moderator.>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
  2. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

I refuse to vote and choose - they're both too beautiful and I don't want my girls thinking I'm playing favorites. :angelic::troll:

Objectively speaking, I think I'd give the edge to albostriatus on aesthetics because of that pretty, busy pattern on the abdomen, but gun to my head on which I'd keep if I could only pick one, it'd go to the murinus hands down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. FrDoc

FrDoc Gen. 1:24-25 Arachnosupporter

Both gorgeous, but at the end of the day my preference lies with the more stocky built tarantulas. Additionally, the carapace coloration of the E. murinus also nudges me in its direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnoangel Active Member

I have both and it's a easy pick - my C. albostriatus is a stunner, one of the most surprising T's I've seen in person. The gold on their legs practically glows in the light.

5. Urzeitmensch

Urzeitmensch Arachnosquire

I am biased towards Ephebobus spec. for some reason, so vote for them.

But I have never seen a C. Albostrinatus live so who knows.

6. Hummmmm, hard to decide since both species are gorgeous. But if I had to choose, probably I would go for E. murinus, I had a male in the past that I raised from a 1/2 inch sling to a mature boy and I´m afraid that I´m emotion-biased to the species. LOL

7. My E. murinus is gorgeous, but she is very shy, and she’ll often retreat down into her burrow at the slightest disturbance. My C. albostriatus on the other hand, is much more bold and doesn’t retreat when I take the lid off of her enclosure. So if I could only keep one of my two specimens, I’d go with the C. albostriatus, but if they both behaved the same, It’d come down to the flip of a coin....

E. Murinus (Skeleton Tarantula):
    upload_2020-1-20_12-12-30.jpeg

upload_2020-1-20_12-13-9.jpeg

C. albostriatus (Thai Zebra Tarantula):
    upload_2020-1-20_12-13-45.jpeg

upload_2020-1-20_12-14-1.jpeg

8. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoking Old Timer

Similair coloration, similair habits and lifestyle and similair temperament. I like both but prefers E murinus i think?

9. spideyspinneret78

spideyspinneret78 Arachnopeon Active Member

USA
    I personally prefer the C. albostriatus. The subtle traces of blue on the front legs and the striped, fluffy abdomen are really pretty.

10. 0311usmc

0311usmc Arachnoknight

I also prefer the C.albostriatus

Attached Files:

11. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Is it true that the E. murinus has the nastiest attitude of all new worlds?

12. Mine’s a sweetheart. I think many keepers have defensive E. murinus because they set them up as terrestrials, when ideally, they should be set up fossorially.

13. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

They web heavily when set up terrestrially, right? I'm guessing that with a correct setup they make tunnels with that web.

14. When set up terrestrially, yes. But an ideal setup for E. murinus should look something like this:
    upload_2020-1-22_20-36-55.jpeg

upload_2020-1-22_20-37-16.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I will let you know when I see mine.

Mine made a tunnel with a raised entrance lined in webbing, kind of like a volcano.

16. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Oof

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.