E Murinus stress/sickness/dks?

Tarantula Ben

Arachnopeon
I know I'm the new guy in this thread (btw, you can make your own pretty easily) but leaving a beetle in with a molting T is a dead T. Even if you disturb her, get that thing OUT.
Ok thank you, that's what I wanted to hear. I just hate to ruin her home, but at least it's better than having a dead T.

cold blood

Staff member
I'm thinking cold + stress + possible dehydration/underfed.
I hear this a lot from newer keepers, the belief that a small abdomen means under-fed...this is just not true. A shriveled abdomen might be, but a small abdomen is merely an indication that the t molted recently...nothing more...small abdomens are part of the natural growth process, and the smaller the t, the smaller the abdomen generally. A fat abdomen is just an indicator that its at the back end of the cycle.

I will say that I always try to feed a sling after molting at least once before I ship.

Just as an update for you guys and thanks for your advice, she has been drinking and already her abdomen is looking better, she is more active and moving around, and I provided a small hide on top of her substrate while she gets strength to start her full burrow, and she has been utilizing it. Look like she is gonna be fine.

:smug: was worried, thanks for the calming down.
Good to hear, all it needed was water, warmth and time.:)

Will this affect her molting schedule though?
Why or how could it? No...get that superworm out of there before your t molts and gets used as a free buffet.....this is an example of what happens to a molting GBB when the owner (not me) leaves superworms free to roam....buffet time Mr. Superworm beetle. Crush heads or stand over them and retrieve them before they burrow...or you will be doing a re-house or buying a replacement t.

Attachments

Tarantula Ben

Arachnopeon
That's True, thanks for your advice!
I just got home from work and started digging up her cage. I started with her little den and found that damn worm! I'm so happy and I'm sure my T. Is thanking me for not ruining her burrow. Thank you Shudragon!!

Tarantula Ben

Arachnopeon
I hear this a lot from newer keepers, the belief that a small abdomen means under-fed...this is just not true. A shriveled abdomen might be, but a small abdomen is merely an indication that the t molted recently...nothing more...small abdomens are part of the natural growth process, and the smaller the t, the smaller the abdomen generally. A fat abdomen is just an indicator that its at the back end of the cycle.

I will say that I always try to feed a sling after molting at least once before I ship.

Good to hear, all it needed was water, warmth and time.:)

Why or how could it? No...get that superworm out of there before your t molts and gets used as a free buffet.....this is an example of what happens to a molting GBB when the owner (not me) leaves superworms free to roam....buffet time Mr. Superworm beetle. Crush heads or stand over them and retrieve them before they burrow...or you will be doing a re-house or buying a replacement t.
Oh noo! Poor GBB