E.cyanognathus A.geniculata

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
As a Christmas gift, there will be 0.0.10 A.geniculata and 0.0.1 E.cyanognathus coming in with the mail tomorrow:):):)
I am familiar with A.geniculata care, and from what I've read, the E.cyanognathus care is about the same as the E.murinus, right?
If it's not, can someone give me some additional advice?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
10 A.geniculata slings? lol, they are lovely.

---

yes the care for those little speedy devils is the same of their skeletron cronies :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
10 A.geniculata slings? lol, they are lovely.

---

yes the care for those little sI eedy devils is the same of their skeletron cronies :)
Thanks friend :)
Yes, the slings were 3 euros a piece, but he had the offer to buy 10 for 25 euros, couldn't resist :D I figured that i might as well buy ten, maybe start a little breeding group by the time they are mature, but I need to read and learn more about that. Or sell or trade some.
This species was on my wishlist from the start, but bigger spiders are not very often for sale, so I just got a lot of slings instead :D

The E.cyanognathus is a bit of an impulse buy, but was also on my list.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So...the slings came in on Tuesday and were all looking healthy. I got a D.pentalore as freebie, which was awesome. The A.geniculata instantly lived up to their reputation of fierce eaters, despite them being the smallest slings I ever had.
But this morning I found my E.cyanognathus dead in its vial. I only added a little water right after unpacking and left it be. This morning, nothing. Which sucks big time. I contacted the seller for help/advice, but there was no sign of anything being wrong about husbandry and what not.
The seller didn't have anymore slings, but one bigger supposed female, which he offered at a discount, which was awesome :).
He told me he always fed his slings after a couple of hours.
Is this the best course to go? I always was under the impression that slings needed a day or two to adjust, but maybe this doesn't go for the really tiny ones?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So...the slings came in on Tuesday and were all looking healthy. I got a D.pentalore as freebie, which was awesome. The A.geniculata instantly lived up to their reputation of fierce eaters, despite them being the smallest slings I ever had.
But this morning I found my E.cyanognathus dead in its vial. I only added a little water right after unpacking and left it be. This morning, nothing. Which sucks big time. I contacted the seller for help/advice, but there was no sign of anything being wrong about husbandry and what not.
The seller didn't have anymore slings, but one bigger supposed female, which he offered at a discount, which was awesome :).
He told me he always fed his slings after a couple of hours.
Is this the best course to go? I always was under the impression that slings needed a day or two to adjust, but maybe this doesn't go for the really tiny ones?
I didn't see this post when I replied. That's a bummer. It's all in the individual Ts ultimately. With 1 exception, all slings I've received be it from a show or otherwise ate the day I bought them. I personally think shipping stirs up their appetite due to other reasons.

Your T not being fed that day is NOT the reason it died IMO. I find that hard to believe.

Get your money back or a replacement. Don't let the dealer shift the blame on you.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I didn't see this post when I replied. That's a bummer. It's all in the individual Ts ultimately. With 1 exception, all slings I've received be it from a show or otherwise ate the day I bought them. I personally think shipping stirs up their appetite due to other reasons.

Your T not being fed that day is NOT the reason it died IMO. I find that hard to believe.

Get your money back or a replacement. Don't let the dealer shift the blame on you.
I will be getting my money back, he took the 9euros of the sling and deducted that of the shipping and the price of the bigger and sexed female E.cyanognathus. :).
But thank you for looking out for me :).

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I will be getting my money back, he took the 9euros of the sling and deducted that of the shipping and the price of the bigger and sexed female E.cyanognathus. :).
But thank you for looking out for me :).
Oh, that's good news! Always Andrea, you are a wonderful person to communicate with, and unlike other people, have always questioned the meaning of my words rather than assuming and going off the deep end with delusional diatribe.

One thing to know as they mature, their electric blue turns to a violet color.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Oh, that's good news! Alwas Andrea, you are a wonderful person to communicate with, and unlike other people, have always questioned the meaning of my words rather than assuming and going off the deep end with delusional diatribe.

One thing to know as they mature, their electric blue turns to a violet color.
Wow. Thank you. That is a nice
post to wake up to! :)

I had to google the word diatribe though, haven't encountered that word before. Learn something every day :embarrassed:

Re: colours, yes, I am aware of that,but I don't mind. Violet is nice too. And maybe when it is ready to breed, and I am too, I will have lots of little splashes of colour racing around :D

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Sooo, this little beauty will be arriving tomorrow if all goes well :) i am very excited to see her in the flesh! If she behaves like her cousin murinus, she'll be a stubborn little thing :D
received_1781783832082865.jpeg

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Nice colors :eek: never heard of E.cyanognathus, what kind of T is it?

Ddannison

Arachnopeon
This species was on my wishlist from the start, but bigger spiders are not very often for sale, so I just got a lot of slings instead :D
You will find that with these guys buying a larger specimen isn't necessary. I got a tiny sling in April and she (she!) Is about 3 inches dls right now.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@Robyn8
It is in the same genus as the E.murinus :). Burrower, quite defensive, and needs moist substrate. Can be kept on room temp, but a little higher is preferable.

I've already set up the enclosure and added some springtails, since that seems to work so well with the murinus. I've had the murinus for two months now, it is eating like a horse, but there is not a single spot of mould to be found, despite the moisture and higher temp. They don't keep their colors though, except for the chelicerae staying violet.

@Ddannison
I have read about the fast growth of A.geniculata, and am hoping to have 3 inch eating monsters in a couple a months :)

Last edited:

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
The music makes it funny. The T is like: GO AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE! and all I see is a T dancing to music. :p

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The music makes it funny. The T is like: GO AWAY, LEAVE ME ALONE! and all I see is a T dancing to music. :p
I didn't even know there was music...i always watch videos without sound. After a few times of my eardrums suddenly shaking because there was loud music popping up, I simply watch without sound. :D
Edit: I turned the music on....there go my eardrums again..:eek: :p

I am wondering why the spider doesn't simply bite him or rears up, or running away. instead of flicking hairs.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My girl arrived safe and sound. And pissed off, which I expected. I'm getting better and better at housing fasties :p
Which is a good thing, since my girl was accompanied by an Orphnaecus sp. Blue Panay sling :eek:
Lovely spider to look at when older,but it seems to be nervous,jumpy,defensive and fast, from what have read (only ccursory glance, they've just arrived).
Asian OW, so a sniper-like spider as @Chris LXXIX likes to say. Any tips/tricks for this species?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Which is a good thing, since my girl was accompanied by an Orphnaecus sp. Blue Panay sling :eek:
Lovely spider to look at when older,but it seems to be nervous,jumpy,defensive and fast, from what have read (only ccursory glance, they've just arrived).
Asian OW, so a sniper-like spider as @Chris LXXIX likes to say. Any tips/tricks for this species?
They are very easy to care for :-s
basically lot of inches of moist substrate, a piece of cork bark with a starter hide near/under -- sorry, I can't not suggest one, it's beyond me :embarrassed: water dish and good ventilation and you're done: they (those Asian OB) needs the same care basically :)