E cyaneognathus, purple fang?

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Depending on the light they'll look both blue and purple. Brighter colors immediately following a molt are normal.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Depending on the light they'll look both blue and purple. Brighter colors immediately following a molt are normal.
Well to be fair idk when she molted, I just saw the dried molt, fed her, then today rehoused her and well.. they looked purple the whole time, no matter the lighting. Im not complaining, but every other time they were blue.. I even have the old molts chiliceria(cant spell) to compare, its crazy!

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Is yours out often or did you just get lucky with that picture? Mine is a pet hole, I'm lucky if I see toes.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Is it a confirmed female? I am no expert on the species, but from my research males chelicerae turn purple or burgundy on maturity. You might just have a unicorn 🤷‍♂️

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Is yours out often or did you just get lucky with that picture? Mine is a pet hole, I'm lucky if I see toes.
Just rehoused

Is it a confirmed female? I am no expert on the species, but from my research males chelicerae turn purple or burgundy on maturity. You might just have a unicorn 🤷‍♂️
This may be it, she is not a confirmed female. The molts were always mangled mostly when she threw them out. Damn that sucks to hear

Shes much darker than the one you have shown, so maybe its male.. i have a crappy ventral shot thats old

Attachments

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
This may be it, she is not a confirmed female. The molts were always mangled mostly when she threw them out. Damn that sucks to hear
I hope not, but the color is definitely different from the pics I have seen and that just posted from BoyFromLA. Might be male, but I encourage you to do your own research. Time to start finding him a lady if so 😉

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Hm well I do see it says this on Theriphosidae, but shouldn't he be roaming and tapping? He's holed up in a tunnel he dug quickly.

also wouldn't we see palpal bulbs?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Their chelicerae are only blue as slings/smaller juvies, as they get larger they turn purple.

Juvenile male

21014219_1838631212816976_841096033118508738_o.jpg

Theriphosidae, but shouldn't he be roaming and tapping? He's holed up in a tunnel he dug quickly.

also wouldn't we see palpal bulbs?
If it was an MM you'd know it just by looking at it.

31437304_2110304228983005_1145084954523205632_o.jpg

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So, Viper, does that apply to females? or is it a male
You need to tag someone to get their attention like this @Pyrelitha I don't come back and read threads once I respond.

Yes, it's literally only slings and smaller juvies that have bright blue chelicerae, as they get bigger the chelicerae turn purple and dull somewhat.
Once I learned that I was not as excited about owning subsequent specimens. Though as sling/juvi one of the colorful Ts out there.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
welp thank you! And I didn't know of the @ thing, now I do. good to know that there's still a chance this lovely little one is a girl!

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
@Pyrelitha
How often do you see her in the time you've had her?
(Sorry this isn't exactly related to your chelicerae color question, but E. cyaneognathus is one of my dream Ts and I'm always excited to see anyone that has one!)
Uhm well at the start a lot, she took forever to burrow.. once she burrows, never, except like glimpses when feeding and cool moments when you can shine a light down the hole and she doesnt move.
My favorite is collecting the molts chelicerae cause theyre shiny.