E. campestratus leg problem

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In my earlier thread here I thought it was the abdomen. Now checking on it is walking again, I see that the first leg on the right of it is leaking clear fluid and the leg is barely hanging on. I am guessing this is hemolymph? Will it just cast it off? It molted last night I thought something was wrong with one of its back legs but now I know it is the first right one. Not the pedipalps, just a leg. Should I put it in an ICU or will it be fine after it casts it fully off, like I said it looks to be barely hanging on by a thread.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
aww im sorry :( ive heard that tarantulas can't clog wounds so if it still bleeding i would glue it up but i would wait for the tarantula experts :)

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
In my earlier thread here I thought it was the abdomen. Now checking on it is walking again, I see that the first leg on the right of it is leaking clear fluid and the leg is barely hanging on. I am guessing this is hemolymph? Will it just cast it off? It molted last night I thought something was wrong with one of its back legs but now I know it is the first right one. Not the pedipalps, just a leg. Should I put it in an ICU or will it be fine after it casts it fully off, like I said it looks to be barely hanging on by a thread.
I don't think an ICU is called for just yet.
I would definently keep an eye on yet, but IMO--best to leave it alone for the moment. If it needs to cast the leg, it will probably do so without your help.

EDIT: I'll agree that superglue or cornstarch or liquid band-aid might be a good idea, if it let's you.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
aww im sorry :( ive heard that tarantulas can't clog wounds so if it still bleeding i would glue it up but i would wait for the tarantula experts :)
I have heard that too, but I also hear of tarantulas casting off legs all the time so I hope she will be alright.

EDIT: My PZB is pretty calm, but still gives threats especially now it seems. Anyone else care to chime in? I know if it casts it off it will probably be fine, but when tarantulas usually get rid of a leg do they leak hemolymph?

SentinelPokie

Arachnopeon
EDIT: My PZB is pretty calm, but still gives threats especially now it seems. Anyone else care to chime in? I know if it casts it off it will probably be fine, but when tarantulas usually get rid of a leg do they leak hemolymph?
Nope my T's have cast of there legs time to time and the blood doesnt come out it just like pops off

Best Wishes,
AC

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well she cast off her legs but she has the clear fluid on the wound, not sure what to think now.

EDIT: The wound on her leg is no longer clear its more black or dark red. Perhaps this is a good sign?

Last edited: