E. campestratus gone to ground

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My E.campestratus went down her burrow december last year, sealed everything off, so I was expecting a molt. However, 5 months later, still no molt. No eating as well. I can see her if I check through the bottom of her cage, she is still alive and well.
So my question would be is this species is just veeeery slow in molting?
She is roughly 5 cm bodylength. Since they're slow growers, they're also slow in molting?

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
As long as there is a source of water in the setup (waterdish) they'll be fine without intervention. Consider the dirt filled entrance as a "Do not disturb" sign it's there way of isolating themselves from the outside world for whatever reason. E. campestratus are about medium growers, my female specimen takes its sweet time going into/staying in pre-molt however the actual successful molt time is not unusually long, Its right inline comparative to other sp. of similar size and build to it.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Thanks for the swift reply and reassurance. I don't have an awful lot of experience with larger or adult T molting, most of my T's are slings or juvi. Longest period of pre-molt so far that I've witnessed was my LP, two months.
Water is always available.
Oh well, I'll just have to wait until the lady decides what to wear....:p

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the swift reply and reassurance. I don't have an awful lot of experience with larger or adult T molting, most of my T's are slings or juvi. Longest period of pre-molt so far that I've witnessed was my LP, two months.
Water is always available.
Oh well, I'll just have to wait until the lady decides what to wear....:p
Haha..Np at all, If its anything like human woman, Through experience Ive leaned it can be awhile :p:D

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My pzb is one of the only t's I've just broken down and dug up because I was sure she was dead having been Mia for 6 mo. Nope, just taking her time and upset that I lifted her house.

Rogerpoco

Arachnopeon
Yes,I think they are an unpredictable sp. as well.
Mine has no detectable pattern for feeding/molting,and does seem to be a very slow growing T to me,compared to 30+ other sp. I have.
I wouldn't worry. I just had an obt molt,hadn't eaten in 100+ days,seriously.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
As long as the abdomen I big and plumb it should be fine :) keep the waterdish filled.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Her feeding pattern before she went underground was good, two crix every two weeks.
Her abdomen was fairly large, it is beginning to get a little smaller now, but she has plenty on reserve.She still comes out to drink, I see substrate in the dish.
According to the breeder I got her from, she was due a molt about a year ago.....
Thnx again!