E. campestratus detached abdomen?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My checked on all my Tarantulas tonight before going to bed and I saw my PZB was not walking normal. Its back legs are not moving well and it looks like its abdomen looks slightly detached? I am guessing if it is the latter it will probably die. Here are some pics I got without bothering it.

Look at the where the abdomen and carapace joins, that isn't normal is it? Anyone got any ideas how this could have happened? I do not handle, and she didn't fall from a height in the enclosure. She recently burrowed all around her enclosure and didn't come out for awhile, but I could always see her and she did not molt.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great, thanks for looking. I just wish I knew what happened.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi, I keep an E. camp also. The position of the abdomen doesn't look abnormal to me. If it isn't wet there at the connection, then you have nothing to worry about concerning her abdomen.

The leg thing is weird, but I find my PZB "stretches" occasionally. Is she able to walk, or are her legs like this all the time?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I keep an E. camp also. The position of the abdomen doesn't look abnormal to me. If it isn't wet there at the connection, then you have nothing to worry about concerning her abdomen.

The leg thing is weird, but I find my PZB "stretches" occasionally. Is she able to walk, or are her legs like this all the time?
She is able to walk, just not very responsive and when she does walk it is like she is dragging her legs behind. It is like they are paralyzed, if it is just something like that then it should fix with the next molt. All I know for sure is she is not acting normal like she usually does. She ate a few days ago, and it well hydrated. I am probably just being too paranoid but I just want her to be alright. Thank you for your reply.

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't panic yet, if there is no evidence of blood, and the abdomen isn't shrinking or losing weight. However, if its back legs aren't working very well, then there might be a different problem. In any case, it would be hard to diagnose.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I awoke today seeing it had molted and now is perfectly fine. Man, I feel like such a newb. That was the strangest night before molting ever. Thanks everyone for their concern.