Dying B. boehmei?

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I ordered a female B. boehmei last month and when it was delivered, it had some damage to her legs and feet. I kept her anyway instead of sending her back to the seller....but she hasnt eaten at all yet and I doubt highly she is drinking because the dish is full and clear of dirt....not like my other Ts dishes, lol. Its been a month and Im worried over here for her. She is about 3.5 inches. What can I do for her? She stays in her hide all day....runs from crickets and I take them out fairly soon after putting them in so that she doesnt get stressed. I was thinking about ICU but thats kinda what she has done to herself actually...icu-ed herself in the hide.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As long as she's not leaking ,all you can really do is watch and wait. You probably wouldn't notice the difference in the water level if she is drinking, she's still alive, moving, and not in the death curl. These are all good signs. Do some searches and you'll find posts about some really horrible injuries T's have survived- (I think Pitbull Lady had one.) Good luck and keep us informed!

JenNJay

Arachnopeon
You also may want to prepare yourself for a moult. With her not eating it is a probable sign. Also, the moult will hopefully repair some of the damage to her legs, although this is not always the case, but it's highly likely. Also note that most species will fast before a moult hence the not eating. We've had cases which some of our larger T's have fasted for a month or more, we have a healthy H. Lividum that has not eaten since January, but is still as mean and healthy as an Ox. Just wait it out, you will be surprised what T's can pull out of their ..... hats. ~JenNJay~

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you:clap: ...I have been watching for her butt to darken, but it hasnt yet:( ....I thought she was trying to induce a moult due to her injured legs...maybe she will be fine:) :) ....I have hope...dont want to lose her, she was the most expensive T I have bought yet:eek: ....because I just had to have her, lol:eek: