DYI inexpensive arboreal sling enclosure with bonus candy ! *pic heavy

AntoineGJ

Arachnopeon
I just found another Ferrero box which is a bit larger ! This one looks perfect

boite.jpg

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
This style eliminates the "jack-in-the box" effect, common with arboreal slings. Many use 16/32 oz. deli cups, simply add holes, a bit of sub, cork for climbing and foilage for anchor points. Quick, simple and cheap, plus if you need 1 or 2 most deli dept. will give them free.
@ledzeppelin, went grocery shopping this AM, saw those, quite flimsy. Actually too flimsy for me to modify. To each their own, I suppose, yours is a unique modification though. Your time frame is about the same as the 40 oz. containers I modify for arboreal slings. No hinges or latches required, just a different style and opens from the bottom. Been using for 2+ years without an escape. :)
How do you find the maintenance of the enclosure? It looks like it would be rather difficult, although, having said that, you say you've been using it for 2 years with no escapees.

Last edited:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
@ledzeppelin what type and size drill bit did you use?

@petkokc what machine did you use to cut and drill your enclosure in the video? Really enjoy watching the videos on your channel and looking forward to seeing the new metallica enclosure that yiu were thinking of making
I've seen the video, he used a Dremmel multi tool for the cutting and drilling, hope this helps.

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Very cool but if I did this for all my arboreals I would be fatter than my G Pulchra by the time I was done. :D

Yesenia

Arachnopeon
Very happy with my first attempt although it was a pain to find these candies since ai guess they are switched out for Rafaello during this season. The second enclosure is made from a case that held some piece of vape equipment that I tactifully acquired from the husband. Thanks for the tutorial. Also shoutout to darkden @petkokc for the vid
-Y.

Attachments

jaycied

Arachnoknight
I love these enclosures. I tried making one as soon as I saw @petkokc s video. I currently have 3 terrestrial slings and 1 arboreal in them. I have more ready to go for when my smaller slings outgrow their hotwheels display cases. My collection isn't huge (yet) so I like displays that are clear and look nice.

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
Well I've housed a small huntsman in one. Unfortunately he's always right at the top of the door so it's a challenge to open without him bolting out. I'm making a larger one with a space between the top of the opening and the top of the cage so hopefully that will work

Oreo

Arachnocookie
As if I needed another reason to buy more Ferrero Rocher. :happy:

Louis Balestriere

Arachnopeon
Thank you for this terrific DIY guide. Would you mind sharing how you sand the holes after drilling so the acrylic around the holes still look clear? From your pictures you don't see any scuff marks at all which is very impressive.

AndrewTurner

Arachnopeon
@petkokc watch his video on making a Ferrero enclosure. Thinking about making one for a burrow tarantula. What you ladies and guys think?