DYI inexpensive arboreal sling enclosure with bonus candy ! *pic heavy

Fordy40

Arachnopeon
@ledzeppelin what type and size drill bit did you use?

@petkokc what machine did you use to cut and drill your enclosure in the video? Really enjoy watching the videos on your channel and looking forward to seeing the new metallica enclosure that yiu were thinking of making

cold blood

Staff member
I actually am using a 32oz. deli cup (i got from my job which is basically a deli) for my T. Gigas i was just curious if there were any advantages to having the hatch on the sides which OP exexplained :)
This is all I use and all I will ever use...just too simple and easy.

I like the square aesthetics and elegancy with my enclosures :p I don't like deli cups.. Although I have to use them for some. :p
lmao...I love the way they look and stack....I would rather spend my $ on ts than on temporary sling housing.

This enclosure you made was a very creative alternative...and candy, too...too sweet!

These look awesome! Relatively inexpensive as well. I'm currently housing my arboreals in 32 oz. deli cups and I am actually getting very tired of disturbing the tenants while opening the lids. These would be perfect for the size slings I currently have. Might have to try and find some of these candies in the states!
You must have sausage fingers...lol.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I love seeing all the creative uses of various containers for enclosures. This is very nice. Now what did you use for glue for the hinge- you wrote superglue?

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I love seeing all the creative uses of various containers for enclosures. This is very nice. Now what did you use for glue for the hinge- you wrote superglue?
Silicone would work best, but I imagine it could be done with a heavy duty superglue

petkokc

Arachnosquire
@petkokc what machine did you use to cut and drill your enclosure in the video? Really enjoy watching the videos on your channel and looking forward to seeing the new metallica enclosure that yiu were thinking of making[/QUOTE]

It is called a dremel tool. Thanks ;D

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Very creative and crafty. I'm all about DIY, getting ready to start on an indoor enclosure myself.

Fordy40

Arachnopeon
Would a 1mm steel drill bit work for this? Used 4mm wood drill bits before on plastic and left horrible burs on it. the 1mm steel bit is the only one small enough for this job plus tryimg to melt the holes with a soldering iron would be a nightmare! Any suggestions welcome

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Would a 1mm steel drill bit work for this? Used 4mm wood drill bits before on plastic and left horrible burs on it. the 1mm steel bit is the only one small enough for this job plus tryimg to melt the holes with a soldering iron would be a nightmare! Any suggestions welcome
I used steel drill.. 1mm would probably do fine :)

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
The problem I had with Deli cups is the "pop" of the lid is problematic with skittish slings at feeding time.

mitty

Arachnopeon
The problem I had with Deli cups is the "pop" of the lid is problematic with skittish slings at feeding time.
Yes, that's my problem as well. I can't help but feel like I'm disturbing the slings while taking the lid off the top.

AntoineGJ

Arachnopeon
Do you think this enclosure is large enough for a jumping spider ? Thanks.