Dwarf Ts

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Ive just discoverd dwarf Ts a few weeks ago and ya what do u think I WANT ONE. Which 1 do i get ? I like webbers not burrowers............ LET THE OPINIONS BEGIN.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dawrf Ts are great, I had a C. bertae and now I currently have an E. sp. 'red' both are on the larger end dwarf Ts (C. bertae ~2" and E. sp. 'red' ~3" ). As far as webbing dwarfs I think some of the Cyrios webs, C. perezmilesi is one of them if I remember correctly!

Last edited:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Avicularia minatrix

C. elegans

C. portoricae

Holothele sp.(small but do make "web burrows"

Hapalopus sp. Columbia-stays pretty small

A lot of the "dwarf species" are going to be burrowers. so you might consider that

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dwarf species

I love the Cyriocosmus genes myself. These are terrestrial babies that like it more humis than most other terrestrial. My favorite is the elegans. The cute little heart on it's abdomen is rediculous. That species is the smallest tarantula with the female reaching 1 1/2"-2" and the males 1-1/2". The elegans isn't defensive really at all. They do kick hair but really??? Who is going to run from that? :) The C ritae seem to be a bit more defensive but the bertae are down right nasty (my first bite was from a female bertae). The C sellatus and perezsmilesi seem to have their moods. Oh, there is also the leezi that seems to be rather calm as well. I have C bertae 1 instar in the incubator right now and C elegans, bertae and ritae sacs waiting to be put in the incubator.

Then you can get a Cyclosturnum fasciatum. They are beautiful and get to about 3"-4" they have a deffinate attitude. Then from my favorite genes you can go with the Avicularia minatrix.

Hope that gave you some ideas.

Oh, the A minatrix webs like any other Avic, the C fasciatum web a WHOLE LOT. Out of the Cyriocosmus, they all web about the same as slings but the elegans burrow more when they become adult. The bertae and ritae web quite a bit.

Last edited:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Keep in mind that all native dwarfs will burrow as well.

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How large do A. minatrix grow? I had no idea they were considered dwarfs.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
freakin awesome. maybe ill just get 1 of each. I handle pain really good but im still not looking forward to getting bite by 1 of my Ts. ( kaydyn 1512 ) you said you got bit by a little 1 how did it feel like compared to a bee sting ?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A. minatrix gets to be around 3 to 3.5 inches.

One that I personally dont consider a dwarf is C. fasciatum. Mainly in part because I have personally seen a few that were well over 5 inches.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Ok so I made up my mind. I'm goin with the A.minatrix. any1 in Michigan have 1 for me to purchase ?

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
freakin awesome. maybe ill just get 1 of each. I handle pain really good but im still not looking forward to getting bite by 1 of my Ts. ( kaydyn 1512 ) you said you got bit by a little 1 how did it feel like compared to a bee sting ?
Honestly, I didn't even know I had gotten bit until about 10 minutes or so after. My thumb started to itch a bit so I looked at it and found 2 small puncture wonds with a bit of redness. It itched for about 15 minutes and then it was gone. Really nothing to write home about. I thought it was so funny with all of the Ts I have and have held, I got bit by a 2" dwarf girl.

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. minatrix gets to be around 3 to 3.5 inches.

One that I personally dont consider a dwarf is C. fasciatum. Mainly in part because I have personally seen a few that were well over 5 inches.
But that isn't usual. 1 of my MM WAS ONLY 2", the other MM only 2 1/2-3" and my girl is about 31/2". I'm thinking she isn't quite full grown but still generally small.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Really? I just had a MM about 2 months ago with a 4.5 inch leg span. he went to a 5 inch female. :?

I know the general conscious is they are a smaller species. which they are, but I would be hesitant to say they are a dwarf species.

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really? I just had a MM about 2 months ago with a 4.5 inch leg span. he went to a 5 inch female. :?

I know the general conscious is they are a smaller species. which they are, but I would be hesitant to say they are a dwarf species.
My tiny boy I think may have been a runt. I was shocked when he molted out mature at that size. My girl just laid a sac so he must have done something right before he died :)