Dwarf Tarantula slings

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
Holy Smol.

I mean I knew it would be - but I wasn't expecting to need my glasses. :rofl:

Pics don't do it justice, this thing is a spec in this vial, and it's the smallest vial I have.

C. elegans
20210113_231739.jpg

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
There’s much smaller than that - that’s easy.
jeeze, I can't imagine.

Pinhead crickets have been my go-to for slings and I'm looking at them now thinking it probably just needs 1 and it'll be plump enough to molt - if it eats the whole thing.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
When I got C. elegans slings for the first time, I had to look very carefully in the photo box... For a moment I thought there was nothing in it. ;)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
jeeze, I can't imagine.

Pinhead crickets have been my go-to for slings and I'm looking at them now thinking it probably just needs 1 and it'll be plump enough to molt - if it eats the whole thing.
Just pinch off a leg from a small cricket before you feed it to something else. It’s more than enough.
86EE6A98-DEE4-483E-BCED-63D5D5FE3212.jpeg

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
This is positively giant compared to the first C. Elegans sling I had :rofl: Was about the size of a midgy.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I got 2i C elegans in August from my friend’s split sac and the slings were monsters, even when they were barely visible. They never had prekilled because I was fortunate enough to have a fruit fly culture for my baby huntsmen at the time.

Every Cyriocosmus I’ve kept has been an absolute demon with food and will kill any living thing that is even close to the same size, but have also been more than happy to devour prekilled or parts of prey, too.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
So extremely tiny. Some dwarf tarantulas really are cute....but getting them at such a small size is anxiety-provoking.