Dune Scorpion Feeding

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
my Scorpion hasn't eaten since i got it but i put in small crickets but it doesn't do nothing it runs from it, can i feed it a large cricket? or whats wrong 15805203724802024948770480771802.jpg

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
You could crush the head of the cricket (so it doesn't move but it doesn't die). The scorpion might then scavenge the cricket. If you've recently got the scorpion, it could be still adjusting to its enclosure. They can go for ages without eating and it doesn't harm them.

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
You could crush the head of the cricket (so it doesn't move but it doesn't die). The scorpion might then scavenge the cricket. If you've recently got the scorpion, it could be still adjusting to its enclosure. They can go for ages without eating and it doesn't harm them.
so i dont have to be so worried about it eating😮?

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
They can go for weeks without eating. It's quite normal for them. If it's still not interested in eating, just remove it and try again the next day.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
I don't see any hide for the scorpion. Put 1 or 2 hides in there, it will make your scorpion feel more at home and show normal behavior after a few days.

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
I don't see any hide for the scorpion. Put 1 or 2 hides in there, it will make your scorpion feel more at home and show normal behavior after a few days.
there is a hide its that rock you can see a little entrance on the side

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
there is a hide its that rock you can see a little entrance on the side
Ok ! If it still won't eat by now then I suggest you increase the enclosure temperature by 5°C for 1 week. The scorpion should be a bit more active and hopefully show 'sit and wait' posture at the entrance of it's hide. That's when it's most likely waiting for pray to pass by and hopefully catch and eat it. :vamp: