duh!!!!!!!!!! why did i do that?

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you know , i was thinking and over the last three years or less ive been keeping ts ,i got to thinking, what was the dumbest thing i ever did while keeping a t? well i think i should share this one with everybody.

two or so years ago this 'petstore had a tarantula ' it looked so cool, it was labeled ' rump costa rican' it was so cool , i went home studied up a bit watched some 'exspert village care videos' on youtube and 'learned how to handle a t. man i though i was so smart ,and i 'knew what i was doing' well i went back up to the petshop and i stroked the back of its leg and i manged to hold ' rump costa rician' for about 1 tenths of a second , it basically just ran really far really fast , about 6 months later i found what it was and it was a halpopelma sp. veitnam , or von wirthi, i cant remember

man ! there is alot of bad info out there and that was not a spider to be messing with , i ended up shipping her out to fdw12 , that video review still cracks me up, thats the same t im talking about

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those "expert village" vids are a joke. It looks like they just make up the info as they go along.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
My dumbest moment

Do you have a link for the video? Id love to see it!

When i was first into Ts i held my 3" imature male haplopelma lividum. I was drinking of course. :embarrassed: It didnt bite me but id say that i was very stupid considering it was the craziest T ever. It was practically scrambling against the glass trying to get away when i picked it up!! :8o Not to mention it never failed to strike air and totally flip on its back and get back up fangs dripping.:eek: {D

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Hah. Those videos are garbage.
Expert village my arse!

The handling one happens to be my favourite!
[YOUTUBE]2Y9cCLpAQv4[/YOUTUBE]

You know why? It's because:
  • it tells us that if your tarantula is used to being handled, you must definitely pick it up.
  • it tells us to slowly and quietly take off the lid and touch the tarantula's leg with your fingers first, increasing the chances you'll surprise it and make it mistake your finger as food.
  • it tells us to move everything out of the way in the enclosure every time you pick it up.
  • it tells us to do it while sitting on the floor while the expert does it standing up over a table.
  • she says "tarantula(s)" so many times the word loses all meaning.
  • TARANTULA TARANTULA TARANTULA TARANTULA TARANTULA:wall:

My stupidest moment was trying to feed a .75" irminia sling a live cricket as big as it was... while the sling was apparantly hours away from molting. I ended up tearing its place apart before managing to get the cricket out.
Luckily, the sling re-webbed a tube, then proceeded to molt about 2 hours later.:8o

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
ok iam sorry iam 16 but after the first couple of seconds of her talking (already said tarantula like 3 times) well sometimes wehave to touch our tarantulas i almost choked on my cherrios

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
hmmm was it just me or when it showed the shot of her with the rosea in her hand and her hands were kinda cupped that it was shaking an awfull lot :? i think someone was kinda nervous holding there TARANTULA

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Do you have a link for the video? Id love to see it!

When i was first into Ts i held my 3" imature male haplopelma lividum. I was drinking of course. :embarrassed: It didnt bite me but id say that i was very stupid considering it was the craziest T ever. It was practically scrambling against the glass trying to get away when i picked it up!! :8o Not to mention it never failed to strike air and totally flip on its back and get back up fangs dripping.:eek: {D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gzbGALR9r8
nope!!!! sure dont have a video of it ! but this was a mean b1t** !!!!!!!those are really dumb videos id say, not very good info at all , but i hope you all can get a good chuckle out of my story.id like to get a camera so you all can see my misfortunes as i make them , i had a p. striata run up and hide on my face ,it was 2.5" at the time , it did the pokie hide stance right beside my nose , i also had a p . miranda male 4.5 " run up my boxers once , i almost pissed myself that night. that guy was cool though, i miss him , a real sweet pokie as long as you didnt scare him

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I haven't seen these in awhile but wasn't her words- "YOUR TARANTULA". I didn't have a t.v. brick handy at the time {D