Dubia mating questions

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have this one particular female I wanted to mate for her coloring, I put her in with a few males of my choice, but at first she hid and the males did not try to mate with her. (the males have mated before, but I thought they can mate multiple times) Then I come back a few hours later and she is hiding with the group of males. I never witnessed mating and am not sure how "quick" mating lasts.

I bought her, but I am not 100% sure she was a virgin she was freshly molted when purchased but unsure how early they can start mating, from the lack of interest my males had in her I am not sure.

Is there any way to tell if she has already mated, and how do I know when babies are on the way so I can seperate her in a small tank so the babies can be raised seperatly to ensure I tell them apart as they are special breeding stock.

Also, after she gives birth, can she mate again with new males so I can increase breeding stock and prevent inbreeding in the future?

Pssh

Arachnoknight
They get FAT when they are about to birth. Yes, they mate multiple times. And the only way you would know if she mated previously is if you had her before she was an adult.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got her 5 days ago, she was thin and flat, but she ate a lot my tank is full of good food, and now she is twice as fat and looks like a cigar.

Do they change behavior before giving birth, like hiding,climbing, appear to be pushing?

Pssh

Arachnoknight
I have no idea. Sorry. I've never observed them that closely. I know they like to sit on top of their babies after they give birth, but that's about it.