drumming

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is just a throught it probably wouldn't work but i'll ask anyway...

if someone records the actually drumming sound of the male tarantula and used it on a female tarantula to calm her down so he could hold her or transport her without all the attitude would it help??? would it do anything at all?

of course for her to "hear" it you may have to put some speakers directly on top of or next to the cage its self..

or is it easier for people to mimic the drumming sound via their hands or instruments?? :confused: :?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I doubt it. Part of the drumming is the vibrations sent out by the male when he does it. I wouldn't think that sound has as much to do with it as the vibration. Just my opinion though I could be totally wrong.:D

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i doubt it would work...but it might. depends on what kind of speakers you use. youd probly just want to use a subwoofer as they dont "hear" per say, they feel the vibrations. alot of people have found different stimuli to get a female to respond to "artificial drumming". some people have had females respond to vaccum cleaners, as they interpreted the vibrations as a male "drumming"

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ohhhh even if you could record that somehow and play it back the way it was meant to be heard the first time I wouldent.
I have had even the calmest of females get all weird on me after a mating, they go into a trance like state. So if you played that sound and then tried to pick her up or move her and you were not the man she thought you were your bound to get bite even by the calmest species.