Drowning revisited

louise f

Arachnoangel
Are you guys 100% confident in this enough that you would leave a water "bowl" in all sling enclosures?
Yup. This vid was nearly to month ago, and guess what :wideyed: they are still alive.:astonished: They were in 1st molt when getting that water dish, i do that with all slings. No death on drowning. They can`t drown. ;)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
without a doubt....as soon as the enclosure is big enough for a dish, it gets one. Many people provide water dishes for all their slings.
I'm one that provides a water dish no matter the size of the T. I've seen my 1/4 inch (at the time) B. smithi's taking a drink out of their bowl....

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are you guys 100% confident in this enough that you would leave a water "bowl" in all sling enclosures?
Yes, they all have one.

There is just so much conflicting information online there's no wonder there repetitive questions all the time.
Well part of the problem is w/the reader. They think it's on the net so it must be true, more relevant is the average reader doesn't consider the source or cross-reference the source with others.

that they've been kept by 500 different people 500 different ways and they all died of old age
True

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Are you guys 100% confident in this enough that you would leave a water "bowl" in all sling enclosures? Not doubting anyone just like to see how everyone feels. I've read so much on slings get all the moisture they need from prey. I personally don't trust it enough either way. I get water lids with inner circle to cut out. Even then I don't fill it completely, just make sure that it has water in it and moisten the sub around it a bit.
It was general mustard in the water dish with a candlestick!
It was general mustard in the water dish with a candlestick!
Oh, believe me, the cat did it. The cat always does it. Murderous fiends!