Droughts in the hobby

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
So I've been doing a lot of researching on Ts and pricing/availability and I was wondering what species you guys wish were more accessible in the hobby? For me, it's probably the G pulchra, or maybe A purpurea. They aren't impossible to find, but I would love seeing more out there. This of course is a hypothetical, so disregard real world problems like difficulties to breed and import/export issues ;)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
So I've been doing a lot of researching on Ts and pricing/availability and I was wondering what species you guys wish were more accessible in the hobby? For me, it's probably the G pulchra, or maybe A purpurea. They aren't impossible to find, but I would love seeing more out there. This of course is a hypothetical, so disregard real world problems like difficulties to breed and import/export issues ;)
These are both pretty common, do you mean price wise? If there's species I look forward to seeing drop down in price it would have to be C.sp electric blue, H.pulchripes, T.psychedelicus and hopefully one day T.blondi will be available for a reasonable price.

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
These are both pretty common, do you mean price wise? If there's species I look forward to seeing drop down in price it would have to be C.sp electric blue, H.pulchripes, T.psychedelicus and hopefully one day T.blondi will be available for a reasonable price.
Hmm.. I think you just have better examples than I do :rofl:

Edit:
But not just in price, also in rarity/new discoveries. Like the A. caei? I think. A new species that we know little about maybe? Or the tarantula recently discovered with the giant horn. Sorry, names escape me at the moment :D

Last edited:

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
A. moderatum
A. braunshauseni
A. geroldi
P. chordatus
P. lugardi
A. marxi
B. smithi (annitha)
B. shroederi
The other species in the Eupalaestrus genus not named campestratus (if I tried to spell it, well I'd better not try)

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
It would be great if there were a lot more Pamphobeteu species out there saturating the market as well :D

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
There's also some really nice Megaphobema spp. available out right now, but for a very high price.
M.mesomelas and M.peterklaasi are among these expensive species, would love to purchase one of them eventually.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
G. pulchra
B. albiceps
B. auratum
A. moderatum

All of them can be hard to find, and if you can, they're on the expensive side.

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
A. bicoloratum (I swear these are a myth outside the US, never seen one for sale in the UK anyway).
P. victorii (Such pretty, such expensive... Should hopefully come down in price pretty quickly if they're as easy to breed as other Psalmos).
G. iheringi (Because they are, by far, the best Grammostola and everyone should have one).
T. seladonia.
T. psychedelicus.
M. mesomelas

keks

Arachnobaron
Aphonopelma bicoloratum
Aphonopelma chalcodes
As @The Grym Reaper says, they are very hard to find here. A. bicoloratum not at all, A. chalcodes mostly far away -.-" . Eight years ago I had two juvenile bicoloratum, and one adult Aphonopelma chalcodes :arghh:.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Is it too much to wish theyd ALL lower in price? Like... i saw a 1" GBB for 80 something bucks and i just kinda freaked out a little. I got MINE for $36 but i feel like 80 is more common at this point. Yeah, theyre hard to breed, but theyre still pretty common in spite of that. So its not really sensible. And i just want B. hammori to be cheaper so i can afford it. Just drop to like... $15 instead of $150 for a couple of hours, please. When i have room, that is. But yeah. If i had a magic wishing well, id wish for cheaper spiders all around.

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
Is it too much to wish theyd ALL lower in price? Like... i saw a 1" GBB for 80 something bucks and i just kinda freaked out a little. I got MINE for $36 but i feel like 80 is more common at this point. Yeah, theyre hard to breed, but theyre still pretty common in spite of that. So its not really sensible. And i just want B. hammori to be cheaper so i can afford it. Just drop to like... $15 instead of $150 for a couple of hours, please. When i have room, that is. But yeah. If i had a magic wishing well, id wish for cheaper spiders all around.
That's literally why it is so much easier to buy slings than a mature tarantula (females being even worse!). It just sucks when you pay 80+ dollars for a sling and something happens to it along the way or it turns out to be male.. I mean, all males need a home, but unless you're breeding, generally you're shooting for longer life expectancy when you're forking over good money for it :confused:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
M.peterklaasi
M.peterklassi for sure.M.mesomelas,rare,but they are around.But,peterklassi will
cost an arm and leg,and a few other body parts.Tarantula Canada has a peterklassi,but
the price is WAAAAYYY up there.To bad its in Canada.