Dripping from fangs after handling.

Chroma Trigger

Brachypelma Collector
Arachnosupporter +
I see a popcorn. Does that mean she's dead. Should I put her in the dirt now?
Why would she be dead? Is she in a dead curl? At least not in that picture... My A. Avicularia drips fluid from her fangs for grooming, but I wouldn't know if that's the case here. Maybe someone more experienced can help you out.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Handling is highly discouraged on the forums and you've been warned for the upcoming posts about handling from other users...

Will Elliott

Arachnopeon
Thanks all for the help. I will avoid handling in the future. Just wanted to see if someone more educated knew what was going on. Thank you all.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
it looks fine to me (but I'm not very experienced with tarantulas - I do scorpions). The drops of venom looks like the drops of venom you'll sometimes see on a scorpion's telson-stinger. Sometimes it just comes out without any real stimulus, sometimes a stimulus may cause it but its not harmful to the animal. As long as the spider looks fine, not in a death curl or anything, and is acting normally you have nothing to worry about.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That is digestive fluid so she can groom herself thoroughly after being touched by a yucky human.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Everything that has to be said about handling has been said.

I have another question: Is there any water in the water dish? The way the dish has been webbed over and is covered in dirt would prevent any water from staying in there, I'd say. Make sure your T has access to clean unobstructed water at any given time.