Drinking

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
No it's a female. Molted three weeks ago and hasn't stopped eating or drinking since. She has always been a great eater, especially for a rosehair.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My juvie male B.vagans was drinking the other day and I got a good shot of it.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I guess I'll contribute. My MM C cyaneopubescens. This is about 10 mins after I unpacked him from his trip to me. I guess the journey made him thirsty.

Attachments

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
You guys are so lucky, i havent seen my A.metallica juvie drink water from the droplets i place on its webbings.it worries me since i live in a much drier area than its natural habitat, plus,i havent given it any food for 2 weeks now(i have no choice,it has a big tummy already)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
You guys are so lucky, i havent seen my A.metallica juvie drink water from the droplets i place on its webbings.it worries me since i live in a much drier area than its natural habitat, plus,i havent given it any food for 2 weeks now(i have no choice,it has a big tummy already)
Even if you add water drops to the web I'd still provide a water bowl of some sort. I've seen almost all of my Ts drinking from their dishes at some point regardless of their size. Dehydration can quickly become a big problem for Ts if they can't get water when they need it.

Here is a really old photo of my C.versicolor drinking out of a cap that is half the size of a dime.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Getting shots of them drinking is much harder than them eating! I've only been lucky twice:

G. pulchra

G. pulchripes

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I actually saw my first tarantula drinking on the first day i got her. Didnt take a picture because i didnt know it was apparently a rare sight :/

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Do you guys got any idea how Ts even detect their water source(the water dish)? Cuz i dont,and i could really use some info. :).

most if my arboreal slings, whom i dont see drinking any droplets of water i placed on their webbings, really worries me cuz its really hot in my area right now which is very different from their natural habitat.i provided a small water dish,a centimeter in diameter at the bottom of the enclosure,but given how high they are from the dish and how hot it is,the water,which is in small amount only,might've already evaporated before they even know there is water there.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Do you guys got any idea how Ts even detect their water source(the water dish)? Cuz i dont,and i could really use some info. :).

most if my arboreal slings, whom i dont see drinking any droplets of water i placed on their webbings, really worries me cuz its really hot in my area right now which is very different from their natural habitat.i provided a small water dish,a centimeter in diameter at the bottom of the enclosure,but given how high they are from the dish and how hot it is,the water,which is in small amount only,might've already evaporated before they even know there is water there.
I give mine a deep enough dish that it keeps water in it at least a few days. If it's so shallow that it doesn't keep water that long I trade it out. The ones I use for my Avics/arboreal Ts are usually on the ground and they have no problem finding them. I don't see them drink often but I do see where the leave dirt foot prints in the water dishes. That lets me know they were down by the water and would drink if they needed.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
I caught my juvie GBB doing some slurping after a molt. I have since swapped out the water dish for something smaller :)

gbb-drinking.jpg