Driftwood cleaning?

alexbwkim

Arachnopeon
I have purchased a small piece of Malaysian Drftwood from the local pet store. How should I go about cleaning it. I have distilled water on hand.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Most people bake there stuff in the oven or microwave or boiling hot water. Some sort of high heat to kill ANYTHING

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have purchased a small piece of Malaysian Drftwood from the local pet store. How should I go about cleaning it. I have distilled water on hand.
I usually do 375 in the oven for about 30 minutes to an hour on substrate and wood stuff. Then for rocks and stuff like that boil and use a sponge and just scrub

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
If purchased from a pet store you should not have to do any kind of heavy duty sterilization. Just wash it off well and let it dry.

If you collected pieces from outside then you might want to sterilize it to kill off anything living inside it.

alexbwkim

Arachnopeon
If purchased from a pet store you should not have to do any kind of heavy duty sterilization. Just wash it off well and let it dry.

If you collected pieces from outside then you might want to sterilize it to kill off anything living inside it.
Well it was bought from the petstore, should I dunk it in distilled water for a couple of days or so?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Personally I would just rinse it off in hot water and call it even.