Dream Reptile and/or Amphibian?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
For the herp people here, do you have a dream reptile and/or amphibian you'd like to have someday? It can be something already present in the hobby or not at all (please note which just for curiosity's sake).

At this point something in the genus Egernia would be my dream herp. Love the look of them and they seem to be very curious and intelligent. Not really able to be handled, but that's ok. Also wouldn't mind Nephrurus and Phelsuma. All available in the hobby to some extent, but some are pretty pricey right now.

omni

Arachnobaron
I always wanted a few Platysaurus broadleyi, those colored jumping lizards, or maybe a Komodo dragon haha.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
I'd love to have an axolotl but anything water-related is more effort that I've got to invest. They're ridiculously cute though.

(But in my fantasy world? A brontosaurus. Like giant cows....I'd take it to the county fair and win ALL the blue ribbons.)

hunterc

Arachnopeon
Candoia aspera and Varanus albigularis microstictus ( viper boa and black throat monitor )

omni

Arachnobaron
oh you would have a great time with an RTB. they have an iridescence to their scales, and are very mild snakies. the emmie tho is flighty, gorgeous tho!

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I’ve wanted one of the constrictors ever since I was 4...The emerald tree monitors are apparently extremely intelligent, and the larger ones intimidate me.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Talked with the missus and it looks like we're going to check off something a little different that we've wanted for a while. Dart frogs! Been reading about them on and off for months (never feels like enough info), so now we're looking into sellers to get the tank set up first and then fingers crossed we can get the frogs in before the blasted south Texas summer starts. I know the local Petco has tinc 'Azurius' with some regularity, but I just can't bring myself to buy live stuff from them. Much rather support an actual breeder who actually knows what they've got.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Talked with the missus and it looks like we're going to check off something a little different that we've wanted for a while. Dart frogs! Been reading about them on and off for months (never feels like enough info), so now we're looking into sellers to get the tank set up first and then fingers crossed we can get the frogs in before the blasted south Texas summer starts. I know the local Petco has tinc 'Azurius' with some regularity, but I just can't bring myself to buy live stuff from them. Much rather support an actual breeder who actually knows what they've got.
Where in Texas are you? I have some frog friends in Texas that might be able to help you aquire frogs locally. I highly discourage everyone from purchasing dart frogs from PetCo etc..
A good source of information and reputable breeders is Dendroboard.com. Its a specialty forum just like Arachnoboards. You'll find really goods people there.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Where in Texas are you? I have some frog friends in Texas that might be able to help you aquire frogs locally. I highly discourage everyone from purchasing dart frogs from PetCo etc..
A good source of information and reputable breeders is Dendroboard.com. Its a specialty forum just like Arachnoboards. You'll find really goods people there.
That would be awesome! I'm near the Rio Grande Valley. Yeah, I figure they might look nice but who knows what kind of abuse they went through before, let alone the subpar care they have while kept there. No good for anyone. At this point we're leaning towards going through Josh's Frogs since I've talked with them at shows before and they seem pretty solid. Plenty of good reviews on them as well (though the FF cultures seem kind of hit and miss). But we're open to anyone you could recommend. Hoping to pull the trigger on something this week in case frogs need to be shipped in a month after the tank sets and settles.

Yes, I've been all over Dendroboards getting info. It's an incredible resource.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
That would be awesome! I'm near the Rio Grande Valley. Yeah, I figure they might look nice but who knows what kind of abuse they went through before, let alone the subpar care they have while kept there. No good for anyone. At this point we're leaning towards going through Josh's Frogs since I've talked with them at shows before and they seem pretty solid. Plenty of good reviews on them as well (though the FF cultures seem kind of hit and miss). But we're open to anyone you could recommend. Hoping to pull the trigger on something this week in case frogs need to be shipped in a month after the tank sets and settles.

Yes, I've been all over Dendroboards getting info. It's an incredible resource.
I've had nothing but good business with Josh's. I would totally recommend them.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've had nothing but good business with Josh's. I would totally recommend them.
Excellent, another positive review then. They've got a kinda pricey kit to totally set you up with a tank, all the supplies you need, plus 2 frogs later on, plus free shipping. We figure starting with tincs is the best call since we're completely new to this (beardie and 2 cresties don't really count), so we have no problem with the frogs they'd put in the kit. Plus having all the plants an supplies would give us an idea of how to make it work if/when we decide to get more (love the look of auratus, so that'll probably be next once we've got some experience with everything). We've got a couple old 10 gallons that'd we'd probably get conversion kits for later for things.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Excellent, another positive review then. They've got a kinda pricey kit to totally set you up with a tank, all the supplies you need, plus 2 frogs later on, plus free shipping. We figure starting with tincs is the best call since we're completely new to this (beardie and 2 cresties don't really count), so we have no problem with the frogs they'd put in the kit. Plus having all the plants an supplies would give us an idea of how to make it work if/when we decide to get more (love the look of auratus, so that'll probably be next once we've got some experience with everything). We've got a couple old 10 gallons that'd we'd probably get conversion kits for later for things.
Yes! Another frogger getting started. :)

Best of luck on the journey :cool: