Dream Reptile and/or Amphibian?

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Personally I’ve always wanted a Tiliqua rugosa because they’re so unique looking with those wild shingle scales. To be honest I don’t even know if they’re in the U.S. trade or not and if so they’re probably super pricey, but maybe one day.
They're in the states, but you won't like the price tag (Last one I heard about was at Tinley with a pricetag of $10k). I have quite a few white whales myself.

Crocodilian: Mecistops cataphractus
Lizard: Lanthanotus borneensis or Varanus giganteus
Tortoise: Manouria emys phayrei
Turtle: leucistic Macrochelys temminckii
Nonvenomous snake: Simalia boeleni
Venomous snake: Pseudohaje goldii (only after I've lived a full, rich life lol)
Amphibian: Cruziohyla craspedopus

I know all of these have been in the states and have been in private collections atleast once, so thats a plus. Realistically, if I manage to cross just one of these off the list in my lifetime, I'd consider it to be a crowning achievement.

Last edited:

LizardStudent

Arachnosquire
I dream of the day I can get a black throat monitor and a giant aldabra tortoise... absolute dinosaurs. For now my big fat tegu will have to keep the dino appetite satisfied :)

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
They're in the states, but you won't like the price tag (Last one I heard about was at Tinley with a pricetag of $10k). I have quite a few white whales myself.
Tiliqua rugosa in the hobby trade are the offspring of (relatively recently) smuggled animals, and as such, keeping one isn't a laudable goal. In my opinion.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Tiliqua rugosa in the hobby trade are the offspring of (relatively recently) smuggled animals, and as such, keeping one isn't a laudable goal. In my opinion.
Let's not dive into the ethics of it and completely derail this thread. It is about dream animals after all, not the animals we intend to acquire next by any means necessary.

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
Let's not dive into the ethics of it and completely derail this thread. It is about dream animals after all, not the animals we intend to acquire next by any means necessary.
By my count, mine is the sixth post in this thread to consider ethics/legality. Thread is still on the rails. Even if it weren't, ethical keeping > politeness every day of the week.

Lazaru

Arachnopeon
I've just purchased my dream snake a Morelia viridis been wanting one for years and managed to get a 3 month old neonate just waiting for it to be collected and courier to me hopefully should have by next weekend

Will post a pic when it arrives

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Cane toad and snow Kenyan sand boa. I wanted to get a cane toad but found out they are illegal in California. I might get one if I move