Drassodes spiderlings

Reprobus

Arachnopeon
Hi, I caught a very large Drassodes female in April whilst repaying a stone wall and have keep her in a little vivarium. She built a tent-like retreat under the stones I provided and laid an egg sac which she guarded for about a month andhatched about a week ago. She hasn't eaten in a long time and the spiderlings are still in the tent which seems to be completely closed. I'd like to raise a few, should I wait till they start to disperse? And will she eat them if I don't feed them in the same vivarium? Will she die or would she survive another season?

TrueSpidersUK

Arachnopeon
Hi, I caught a very large Drassodes female in April whilst repaying a stone wall and have keep her in a little vivarium. She built a tent-like retreat under the stones I provided and laid an egg sac which she guarded for about a month andhatched about a week ago. She hasn't eaten in a long time and the spiderlings are still in the tent which seems to be completely closed. I'd like to raise a few, should I wait till they start to disperse? And will she eat them if I don't feed them in the same vivarium? Will she die or would she survive another season?
Never kept a Drassodes before now but like you I've had a large female since May which I rescued from my shed that was being demolished, she too has recently laid eggs but hasn't stopped feeding the whole time I've had her, she takes bluebottles, maggots, shield bugs & crickets, I would like to see any responses to your queries as it would give me a heads up when my spiderlings emerge

basin79

ArachnoGod
Let the spiderlings disperse. Not sure regarding the mother. I sometimes bring house spiders into captivity and they've laid multiple eggsacs but carried on eating. Once the eggsacs hatched I left the lid off the enclosure so they could do on their merry way.