Dragonfly

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know, this should be in the insect forum. I never visited there so this place feels more like home.

I just found a dragonfly outside and it was cold. I brought it back with me and I'm trying to nurse it back to health right now. Any information on dragonflies would be greatly appreciated. I'm especially looking for information regarding their diets and temperature range.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I think they eat meats. Try some insect, like a dead cricket or something. I rescued butterflies 2 times from the rain, nursed them back to health and watched them fly away. I love them. Good luck, let me know if its ok.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
they taste good dipped in chocolate
Alas, someone finally figured out how I got my username...

Jon

:D ;P :D

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
jon--
heh...and ironically enough, i was thinking of *you* when i wrote that!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
jon--
heh...and ironically enough, i was thinking of *you* when i wrote that!
Yeah I know. What can I say...

:D

Jon

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You're not likley to be able to keep a dragonfly in captivity unless you have some sort of huge greenhouse. They're pretty much adapted to capturing their prey (flying insects) on the wing and it's not very practical to do this at home. The lifespan of the adult is only a few weeks at most (I think). Dragonflies and other flying insects will go into a topor when it cools down, but usually they'll come back out of it when it warms up.

The aquatic dragonfly niads (nymphs) are interesting and easy to keep, but upon maturity, they must be released.

Wade