Dragon X-ray.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, a little while back I was having some trouble with my Largest bearded dragon, his name is Gremlin. He is a Hypomelanistic Italian Leatherback, 100% het. for Translucent.

I noticed he was holding his leg up when he walked, and the leg had a very hard spot in it, like the bone was broken or like there was something stuck in his leg. I had no clue what was going on, I took him to the vet.

The x-ray shows a mass accumulation in his leg bone. Vets do not know what it is. They say it could be bone cancer. If so, there is no option of amputation of the leg, because the accumulation is very close to the joint at the hip. So, in spite of all this, I have decided not to breed him. I wouldn't want to somehow pass cancer down into his offspring (assuming of course, this is indeed cancer..).

He's mah boy. :)

Attachments

Klogg

Arachnopeon
Poor Gremlin! I hope he'll be okay. It's the first time I hear about that kind of problem.
(Those are nice X-rays though!)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a dragon that has also a bump on its back but im not sure what it is. I'm still hoping that it might be another mutation

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha the little label at the bottom of the xray is so cute, it's like he's a little person.

Sorry to here that about him, he's gorgeous. Very cool picture though, thanks for sharing.

Cass