Dose cold kill

gaully

Arachnopeon
How cold dose it have to get before it'll kill a T {Selenoctypus Sp 2]

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Around the area of the 50's they will slow way down, At about mid 40s you might kill some african species Pokies and avics to. But only if that temp is sustained for a long period of time. I am sure they can take a short cold snap. They are hardier then you'd might think. And ofcourse once you get into the 30's and below death might be quicker.
Over all I have come to notice Ts can take to cold better then they can take to hot.
I have never tested exactly what temps will kill certain Ts I am just guessing what would happen.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well, winter is approaching in australia soon. how cold does it get in your area? the summers, i'd stray away from having to heat the enclosure, but it all depends on the winter temps. i live in southern california so my winters probably don't vary all that much from yours? i live about an hr from LA and it gets maybe 65 at the lowest during the day and between 45-50 at night.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Its a ratio between temperature and time. The lower the temps, the less time it will take to kill.

Same as with heat, the hotter something gets, the quicker it will kill.

-Sean

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
you mean the more time it will take to kill
No, the less time it will take to kill.:?

-Sean

question of degree (lol, i'm punny)

a small amount of cold would slow the time to death down. a lot of cold speeds it up.

i.e. it would take a lng time for most taras to die at 55*F. i suspect they would eventually starve to death. years later if aphono/grammo adults

however, once you start getting lower than 40*F i have to believe the colder it is the faster they die, to the point it isn't a gradual starvation that kills them

p.s. of the 60+ species of scorps, taras, cents that i keep none died when i kept my room at right around 50*F for a month. it was only a little warmer for the pre- and post-ceding months.

i don't keep any selenotypus (i think that means moon type, btw)

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
question of degree (lol, i'm punny)

a small amount of cold would slow the time to death down. a lot of cold speeds it up.

i.e. it would take a lng time for most taras to die at 55*F. i suspect they would eventually starve to death. years later if aphono/grammo adults

however, once you start getting lower than 40*F i have to believe the colder it is the faster they die, to the point it isn't a gradual starvation that kills them
That's what I said, the cold it takes to kill them, would take less time the colder you make it.

-Sean

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's what I said, the cold it takes to kill them, would take less time the colder you make it.

-Sean
lol, technically no you didn't. you never qualified with "the coldit takes to kill" so what ended up happening is you were both talking about "cold" but you were talking about <50*F and JMoran was talking like <65*F and you were both right and both wrong due to lack of definitions (like in SO many other useless ass debates where nothing is defined and ppl are just making emotional spewage)

i thought i would clarify.