Don't try this at home!!!!!!!! Please?

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OK , im cleaning my pokie cages today and this girl was not happy and ran at me and i have reflexs of a turtle i guess but i got to hold her and wanted to show her off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M 6'3" 220 , i guess im trying to tell ya she is kinda big? i think?

View attachment 87910

View attachment 87911

Last edited:

andy375hh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice shirt lol I just got that same one for Christmas. Beautiful Pokie also.

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I never understood how people build up enough courage to hold pokies or species of tarantula that are considered defensive and speedy.. Been wanting to hold my murinus but i could see me getting bit and im not drinking anymore so id be screwed. And no pills would help unless you got some vicodins or hydros.. {D

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will never hold my pokie.

I've seen RobC in more pain than I want to experience ever.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice shirt lol I just got that same one for Christmas. Beautiful Pokie also.
thanks man , i like funny shirts

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I never understood how people build up enough courage to hold pokies or species of tarantula that are considered defensive and speedy.. Been wanting to hold my murinus but i could see me getting bit and im not drinking anymore so id be screwed. And no pills would help unless you got some vicodins or hydros.. {D
i have held everything you should'nt ! its really all about not pushing them too hard , and i almost crapped myself atleast 3 times, i was sweeting a bit lol

---------- Post added 01-02-2011 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-01-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

I will never hold my pokie.

I've seen RobC in more pain than I want to experience ever.
yeah! i watched those videos several times , i got lucky, this time! i cant complain when i get tagged and i wont either.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

I think I would poop my pants lol I couldnt do it lol.
lol........... i had other pics and the person holding the carmera said" whats wrong Joey? you look a little worried!"
i said " yeah ! i am .............. a little bit"

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

K so maybe it just me but this sounds strange sayin, I hold my pokie quite often lol
I've held the following t's........MM H. Lividuim, H.Maculata, 6 dif. obts ,P. miranda , alot of baby pokies, just alot of ts you should'nt hold, but i was really nervous this time, she was the biggest i've held by far!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ornata? Compared to these spiders, we all have the reflexes of turtles lol

Just be careful you don't hurt her (or her you), you don't get many second chances, especially from that height

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looked like a regalis to me, but I'm far from an expert. Which species is this? Cool pics, btw. My P regalis female recently sprawled out on the front glass for me, and I measured just under 7" while she still had a good amount she could stretch out with...I'm guessing 7.5" give or take. Anyways, great pictures! I would have been nervous too.

Arachnos

Arachnopeon
I do not go looking to hold my pokies but I have had instances where they did come out and investigate me during an enclosure change or spot cleaning. If it crawls up my arm, then that is what it does. I have never been allergic to anything in my life and I have a high pain tolerance so I am never skittish when this happens.(which has happened plenty of times, more so with my 2 P. regalis then any other pokes) In my opinion it is the nervous people that would get bit quicker due to shaking or quick movements. My poecs are my fav and most visually stunning T's, I very much enjoy when I get to have contact with them but like I said. I do not go looking for it.

To the OP.. treasure the moment. I think this exact situation is the best part of the hobby.. a bit of a natural "non forced" interaction with a T. In the pics you do look scared as hell though, I can not help but laugh at that. :clap:

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how do you get it back in the enclosure without getting bit?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice T. The reason behind handling a Regalis is beyond me, but hey...to each his own.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Did anybody see the OP's statement? He said the T ran onto him during maintenance and he didn't react quickly enough. I don't think this was a deliberate handling attempt. Perhaps I'm wrong?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer

Just be careful you don't hurt her (or her you), you don't get many second chances, especially from that height
I agree its a P. ornata.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Poecilotheria Ornata 100% sure ! yeah that was stupid holding her from that height! it was good me or her did'nt get hurt!

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I do not go looking to hold my pokies but I have had instances where they did come out and investigate me during an enclosure change or spot cleaning. If it crawls up my arm, then that is what it does. I have never been allergic to anything in my life and I have a high pain tolerance so I am never skittish when this happens.(which has happened plenty of times, more so with my 2 P. regalis then any other pokes) In my opinion it is the nervous people that would get bit quicker due to shaking or quick movements. My poecs are my fav and most visually stunning T's, I very much enjoy when I get to have contact with them but like I said. I do not go looking for it.

To the OP.. treasure the moment. I think this exact situation is the best part of the hobby.. a bit of a natural "non forced" interaction with a T. In the pics you do look scared as hell though, I can not help but laugh at that. :clap:
yep i was a tiny bit!......... i lied!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

how do you get it back in the enclosure without getting bit?
i took it slow , i tried not to breathe on her and i used a small paint brush and brushed her hind legs , wasn't too bad , the obt's were a nightmare , i have no evidence of that just this!

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Next Up !!:eek:.............. Poecilotheria Rufilata :?!.......... bring on the Depends?:8o
she has alot of pooh on her cage lid :barf:, i like to see in their:mad:. She is alot bigger than the Ornata!:? She is a 'nice' T though,:razz: you can freehandle her, i think?:?. im not sure i wanna try:(....... but, i need to clean her crap up!:eek: lol{D

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What not to do

Why would you risk a bite from a Pokie ?
2Bears