dont oyu spray????

ribnum

Arachnopeon
dont you spray water when the tarantula is premolt???especially the old world?? what other nthings to do or avoid when the old world is peremolt?

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
do not put food in and try not to stress the tarantula out unnecessarilly. that's all i can think of.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes, keep the water dish full, maybe mist a bit more than usual, and leave her alone. stress during molt can lead to a dead tarantula, so don't mist while she is in the process of molting!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There are differant oppinions on wether or not humidity does anything to help a molt. As far as that goes, do what you think the T needs. Misting definitly wont hurt. I do it for my slings and young T's. It is well known that the most important element of the molting process that is a must is the T's water intake. Internal moisture helps with the separation of the old exoskeleton and the new.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It depends on what you have. Misting a G. rosea, ever, isn't going to do anything but upset the poor animal. Even with Ts that do love humidity, you never want to mist them directly (ie, mist the enclosure, not the spider).