Dont Look

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
this is my first attempt at a picture and I am ready to throw the camera across the room...
AND i have a ton of questions..Like: Why is it BRIGHTER on my camera before I upload it, and HOW do you actually make the darn thing focus ..and IT cannot be this darned hard or nobody would ever post picts. ANDDDDD who is willing to come over and teach me how to use my cool new useless camera?
This should be my parahybana....SHOULD be..

Attachments

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Did it work?

Its a trick, isn't it? I can see it but nobody else can....
So, if you see it, tell me why it is so yucky...and how do I make this camera take great pictures? My DOG came out great!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good start Kim.
What kind of light are you useing?
Go into the menu, and put it in macro mode, if its not already on. I think its just your lighting.

Ernie

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its there

It has the little flower and everything.
Empty your inbox, I tried to PM you.
Thing is, it looks much much brighter ON the camera screen than when it is uploaded. *sigh*

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
its an..

Olympus D-550 zoom.
3 megapixels, and I put it away before I crushed it.:(

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's actually not a bad pic. About as good as anything I've done in the last year, not that that's much of a standard, but still. And do put it in macro mode, I just recently discovered my camera has macro and the pics I've taken recently have turned out far better for it.

Also, if you have sodtware to edit photos with, don't be afraid to fiddle with your pics. Mine are almost always brighter on the mini-screen than on my computer, I just adjust the brightness accordingly in MGI. I consider color enhancement/fiddling to be "cheating" but sharpness and brightness are fair game.

Adrian

Last edited:

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
With a 3 mega pixel camera you should be able to get some awesome pics. Read the manual and learn how to use the macro function and the reccomended distances from the lens of the camera when using the macro mode - one inch can make a big difference when using macros.

Mark

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's underexposed. The focusing is alright though. Just shine a torch or a desklamp on your T when taking pics. Also, if your camera has a prefocus function, try that too! My Fuji lets you focus the image before taking the pic by semi-pressing the shutter. Gives far better results in macro mode. Check your manual to see at what distance from the subject you can be with macro mode, because if you're too close then it won't work. It's also worth taking the pics in the highest resolution possible, because then you can zoom in, in photoshop.

Hope that helps

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Maybe you just need to adjust the color/contrast/brightness on your monitor?

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well now thats a scary idea..

It never occured to me that my monitor could be lying. It is an ancient thirteen inch monitor (i think) that has DIALS on it...my monitor that came with my computer caught on fire last year, and I bought this one for ten dollars...:) It would be terrible to THINK i was posting great pictures and really they would be bleached out/too dark...I guess i will just have to wait and see.

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it's a beautiful picture. You're putting too much pressure on yourself to produce the "perfect" picture. Rapunzel, you really should try letting down your hair.

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey i have the same exact camera. Mine works fine, you just need good lighting, or use the flash. Here is a picture of one of my slings i took with my Oympus D550 zoom. It's a great camera, and you can take pictures way better than what you did, play around with lighting and zooms and stuff, and what type of photo its taking, mine is usually on portrait that works best. heres a pic.

Attachments

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Don't be afraid to adjust colors. Looks to me like it needs adjusted towards Cyan.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
invader...

pbbbllltttt!!!! no fair! so, what time will you be over to show me how to do what you did?

Also..Tranz....lol...i did, i did, i let down my hair...and I also bought new batteries for the camera..AFTER my exam tomorrow I will try playing around and see what I can do.