Don't laugh ... how do I cut a coconut ?

Phancyface724

Arachnopeon
I have actually done this and it worked great. My husband cut them in half using his dremel, not sure which bit tho. Then I boiled the halves for about an hour or so. The fruit in the middle will come out easily that way. Just make sure you allow them to dry very well for a few days before using them, and only use them for the Ts that like it dry. If they get to much moisture, they will mold over and it's gross. I had it happen to me.

schadbone

Arachnopeon
coconut

Oh guys, doing it the hard way !! :wall:

Drill out a eye, drink the milk with a straw.
Put the coconut on the ground, put a rag over it, and smack it with a hammer !!
Done !!!

Did it last night, easy !! {D

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm assuming you don't own a band saw soooo I'd put it in a vice and use a hack saw.

PIG-

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Once you're down to the hard shell part, set it down on a table or bench or something and work your way around the nut in a circle, whacking it firmly with the back side of the machete every couple of inches. As you're working your way around a small crack should develop as you go, once you make a full circle it should pretty much fall apart into two halves. At least that's how Les Stroud did it on TV.

more_rayne

Arachnopeon
I recently did this, used a metal cutting saw, took forever to cut it in half. After, I thought, ok cool, i'm pretty much done. Then I proceed to try and scoop out the meat, OMG, what a nightmare, so impossibly hard. I didn't think about boiling it like someone mentioned. Maybe I'll try it again if I can easily remove the meat.

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm assuming you don't own a band saw soooo I'd put it in a vice and use a hack saw.

PIG-
Yep. To get the look you want, and keep all your parts, this is what you want to do.
DO NOT try the circular saw!

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
Hacksaw works great, dremel is great, too...especially for shaping, doors, etc....power hacksaw, bandsaw also both good, but require a reasonable amount of expertise and care....a circular saw would be disastrous, I am sure.