done with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
ive gone through hell and back with my chillian rose ok well im gonna get a colbalt blue or a goliath birdeater right now its all on im sick of this i need somthin more then a rose wanting to mate he is pissing me off i just want a female thats it......

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

You should be careful of that attitude here. Getting a pet purely on infatuation or looks without appreciating their natural needs or behavior shows lack of respect to that animal in general.

I can tell you that if you get those species you will probably not be able to keep them alive for very long with the amount of knowledge you have amassed. Take a step back, do your research, take care of your own animal first and only then introduce the prospect of another.

-V

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whoa now, if you only have a chilean rose how new are you at this? Getting an h. lividum (cobalt blue) is one thing. But a t. blondi is a whooooole new ballgame. For one fact of the matter they readily flick clouds of the most irritating urticating hairs amongst the flickers. These will be everywhere; in the cage, on you if you're not careful, on his molts when you get them out of the cage. Also they are large and in charge.

If you get a sling you'll be okay for awhile with the attitude. But then slings have their own disadvantages. You HAVE to...MUST...keep the humidity high and non-flucuating. (sp?) They are very fragile and not hardy at all. T. blondi's I know seem fascinating but if you are not well aware of what you are getting into and don't have a lot of spare time on your hands for care I wouldn't mess with one right now. Just a little friendly advice; I'd be concerned for you and the T as well.

H. lividum's can be generally hardy if announced to new conditions SLOWLY. I have seen them in a local petshop for months with loooow humidity and horrible temps but I have NEVER seen a more unhappy T. Please don't do this. But as long as they have PLENTY of room to burrow and relatively adequate temps, you'll do fine. Just be careful because they are quite the escapologists (so I've heard, mine never has) and they are quite the fang wheelers. :p

Just some friendly advice; please take into consideration about the t. blondi especially, though. ;)

Marcus

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hrm. Vayu just covered my prime attitude in about 1/4 of the wording. Maybe I should rethink my levels of abundant wording. LOL...did wanna throw out some reasons, though.

But yeah, generally, give these animals a lot of love and respect, they deserve it. They truly are some of nature's finest. Don't just get a T because you think it's "cool". One of you will eventually end up in a lot of pain. ;)

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I actually have a much easier time with my Blondi than I do with my cobalt. My birdeaters tolerate me quite close to them with no real reaction.

My Cobalt is a different story... I can't even get within 6 feet of the cage without her coming out to threaten and strike at me.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You shouldn't get mad at your rosie for doing what is natural to him...he can't help it. If you can't appreciate a rosie just because its a male, then you should probably not get a cobalt blue or goliath.

Status
Not open for further replies.