Don’t Laugh But…

douglas weird

Arachnopeon
My crickets usually come in bags like others here have said and I cant pick them up without squishing them either. A trick I've found for the small ones is to use a plastic drinking straw cut in half and sealed on one end. They crawl up inside single-file and I just tap them out into whichever enclosure I'm feeding at the time.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I’m having problems catching my feeders! :rofl:

My local pet stores are currently selling out of live food really quickly and, after driving around, I eventually got some very small crickets for my 10 slings on the third try.

The problem? I’m a locust guy. I like hoppers. They’re prettier and easy to catch when you lift the lid of the tub that they come in.

Seriously though, I can’t catch these small crickets with my tongs without killing them - which is fine for the really tiny two, which I pre-kill for, but not the other 8.

How are you supposed to get them out of the tub alive? And, if you actually manage this, into the slings’ enclosures before they break their legs off and escape?
Practice, practice, practice! At some point you will get them all with your tweezers. Since I work temporarily in the hospital, I have correspondingly good tools ;-)

Emi248

Arachnoknight
I’m having problems catching my feeders! :rofl:

My local pet stores are currently selling out of live food really quickly and, after driving around, I eventually got some very small crickets for my 10 slings on the third try.

The problem? I’m a locust guy. I like hoppers. They’re prettier and easy to catch when you lift the lid of the tub that they come in.

Seriously though, I can’t catch these small crickets with my tongs without killing them - which is fine for the really tiny two, which I pre-kill for, but not the other 8.

How are you supposed to get them out of the tub alive? And, if you actually manage this, into the slings’ enclosures before they break their legs off and escape?
I have the exact same problem, my local pet stop started selling wild caught crickets under the name of "organic and healthier for your pet", And I can't find any other seller here, neither want to feed crickets I find in any corner.

douglas weird

Arachnopeon
I have the exact same problem, my local pet stop started selling wild caught crickets under the name of "organic and healthier for your pet", And I can't find any other seller here, neither want to feed crickets I find in any corner.

Wild caught?? I'd love to see how they're collected. I bet thats a sight to see!

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You people keep talking about crickets in bags... I remember seeing a hilarious video ages ago.

And... found it !

Goofy as it looks and sounds, it brings a silly grin to my face ;)