Domino Nymphs

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
We received 7 Domino Nymphs today, Their little guys, and instantly burrowed. I added some oak leaves to their sub, read that they might like it. Curious about moisture levels for them, as well as their eating habits/needs. I've read so many different opinions it's hard to sort through. I've attached picture of their viv, we used bark for hideys, don't know if they need it but thought I'd give them options :D

Attachments

All About Arthropods

Arachnoknight
We received 7 Domino Nymphs today, Their little guys, and instantly burrowed. I added some oak leaves to their sub, read that they might like it. Curious about moisture levels for them, as well as their eating habits/needs. I've read so many different opinions it's hard to sort through. I've attached picture of their viv, we used bark for hideys, don't know if they need it but thought I'd give them options :D
Very nice new additions! Therea like the top of their substrate to be dry with moist lower levels. The bulk of these guys' diet will consist of dead leaves(as you've provided), but you can occasionally offer them dog food, fruits, or vegetables. :) Yea, the nymphs won't really use the bark much since they're burrowers, but the adults should utilize it.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I'm curious as to what stage that they begin to show their white markings.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Nice new additions! As @All About Insects said, they like the lower layers of the substrate to be moist and they upper layers to be dry, they are a little on the picky side but it's worth the work to see the beautiful adults in person. :) Also you are gonna want a lot of dead leaves in there, they make up most of their diet and are 100% required.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Nice new additions! As @All About Insects said, they like the lower layers of the substrate to be moist and they upper layers to be dry, they are a little on the picky side but it's worth the work to see the beautiful adults in person. :) Also you are gonna want a lot of dead leaves in there, they make up most of their diet and are 100% required.
Thanks!!! How often do I need to switch the leaves out?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Thanks!!! How often do I need to switch the leaves out?
Well you never need to "switch them out", as it were, just add new ones as the old ones get eaten. They have small appetites, so you won't have to add new ones too often.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Well you never need to "switch them out", as it were, just add new ones as the old ones get eaten. They have small appetites, so you won't have to add new ones too often.
They've had the same leaves since 2/11. So they will eventually eat them all? I don't need to worry about the leaves getting old or breaking down?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
They've had the same leaves since 2/11. So they will eventually eat them all? I don't need to worry about the leaves getting old or breaking down?
Yeah, they have small appetites. The older the leaves get, the better, and they generally don't break down too much before the roaches eat them.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Can you sex these while they are still nymphs? I have 3 nymphs and 1 adult rn and they are really fun (though I rarely see anything other than the adult).

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Can you sex these while they are still nymphs? I have 3 nymphs and 1 adult rn and they are really fun (though I rarely see anything other than the adult).
If they aren't too small and you can get clear pictures of their last ventral abdominal segments then yes, sexing is possible. :)