Dombey died, apparently

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dombey, my Brachypelma vagans, appears to have died. I don't see any way he could have escaped and because I had seen no activity whatsoever and the crickets I put in were not eaten for over two weeks, I decided to check things out. With my other burrower, Frodo, my curly hair, I have always been able to see him in his burrow. Dombey was the same, until a few weeks ago when he seemed to plug his burrow opening and rerouted his tunnel to where I could not see him.

So, tonight I sifted through his substrate completely, and there was no sign of him. Either he did miraculously escape, or he died some time ago and either decomposed or was eaten by crickets. I really hate to have lost this little guy. At least I have some others to keep me company.

Bryan:(

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Think you have an escapee. If the death was recent at all youd be able to find at least some trasce of remains when searching through the substrate.

-V

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How big was he?

Definately this is an escape story rather than death....

You would have found something of his remains if he was dead.

You better look around your place and try to find him.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by bness2

So, tonight I sifted through his substrate completely, and there was no sign of him. Either he did miraculously escape, or he died some time ago and either decomposed or was eaten by crickets. I really hate to have lost this little guy. At least I have some others to keep me company.

Bryan:(
Here's hoping for a miracle and a happy ending. It does seem unlikely to me that there would be no remains at all if he had died. My condolences, Bryan. It's tough to lose one whatever the cause.

Joy

cweg

Arachnopeon
Esacpe?

What kind of enclosure was it in? How big was the T?

bness2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had not ruled out an escape completely. The holes were definitely too small for him to escape, but there was a crack in the bottom of the cage that was large enough, but no tunnel seemed to lead there, so I figured he hadn't escaped. I taped it about a week ago, but he might have escaped before that. A miracle would be great, but if you saw my desk, you would realize that it really would be a miracle to find an escapee there.

Bryan

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Bryan,
I'm sorry you lost your wee one...its never easy.

Peace,
Gillian