Dolomedes okefinokensis

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Wanted one forever...what a cool customer:

Looks like a cow close-in...saddle up, dogie!

V for victory

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
looks awesome! 1 of my faves aswell,i too am getting a young female and a fla.wandering spider.....gotta luv em.:drool:

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
Do you have to have like a pool for these guys and do they eat out of the water like dolomedes triton?

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they can be kept as any arboreal t,with a large water dish.i have raised many with no food besides crix collected from the substrate,
incredible pics by the way
andy

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thanks, Andy. All the specimens I saw in the wild were as you said. Typically near the bottom or hollow of a cypress tree/man-made structure above water. Fastest spider I've seen personally, by far.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Great pics of a great spider. I love this genus. I've kept WC D. tenebrosus from my area and they are fascinating. Like you say, they move very fast but it took a lot to ruffle the feathers of the specimen I had. She was pretty brave for a critter only weighing a couple of grams. Not defensive, just... unflappable.

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
definitely fast but not very aggro,they become quite accustomed to captivity even catching prey items dropped in to enclosure..
lol
andy

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Great Pictures! :clap: We own a female Fishing Spider and she is extremely calm as well. She shows no signs of aggression except when feeding, of course! Also, we own a few of Florida's Ctenus captiosus (False Wolf/Wandering Spider) which are an amazing species as well. Both are beautiful spiders! Good Luck in the future! :)

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
She's been carrying this for a few weeks now. All digits crossed that it's fertilized. Anyone have an approximation of time until hatch?