Dollar Tree Enclosures and Water Dishes

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I was wandering through Dollar Tree and I found these sweet acrylic boxes. They are about 6x6x3 and are stackable. I also found some cheap party toys to use as water dishes.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Thanks I hope the local dollar tree has some I get nothing searching the bar code or item number

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Yeah, they often have things that can be handily re-purposed. The last item I bought was when I wanted a feeding dish for my leopard gecko. I have him on reptile carpet, which I rather like, but one criticism it receives is valid. Some animals can catch their teeth in the fibers when snapping up prey. This was the case for the gecko.
I looked around the store and really didn't find anything I cared for in the housewares area. but I wandered around and spotted a nice round glass thing, about four inches in diameter. Created to set potted plants upon. Works perfectly. it's rim is a little low so crocets can get out of it fairly easily, but i fed singly, so if they scurry out before he can grab them, I just drop them back in. Works really well for meal worms, but I don't feed those very often.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah, Dollar Tree and the 99 Cent Store are great - but it's rare that I buy anything from them and actually use it for its intended purpose! (With the obvious exception of basic supplies like tape or wrapping paper.)

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I have him on reptile carpet, which I rather like, but one criticism it receives is valid. Some animals can catch their teeth in the fibers when snapping up prey. This was the case for the gecko.
That always happened with my crestie. He leaps towards ANYTHING that moves, including dust and my rats moving within their own cage. Some mornings I'd wake up to find him stuck on the carpet and it was a battle getting him off, lol. He also will not let go of anything that gets in his mouth, so I had to drop using spaghnum moss in his hide because he would try to eat it. Now I just use papertowls for the floor of the cage and folded ones for his hides.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm going to the dollar tree tomorrow. I need about 4 of these. And I bet a dremel tool could cut that lid and make an arboreal enclosure too. We shall see what I can come up with tomorrow.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Dollar Tree has given me a large number of enclosures for stupid cheap, especially for slings and juvies. I use those same containers as Viper69 for water dishes.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No go on the acrylic containers for me. But, I did pick up a package of those pill containers for water dishes. I'll be giving them to the Ts that get enclosure upgrades. On the next molts.