Dollar tree enclosure

Popolo

Arachnopeon
So I was really bored as you will soon see while I was at the local dollar tree and decided I wanted to try to make an enclosure out of stuff from there. I found these 5.5 inch lego plates and some glass pictures frames and made this monstrosity😂. I melted all the sides together. The top looks so ugly because the glass broke and so I just took the broken section out and silicone some screen down along with all the glass. That dollar tree also sells 12 inch lego plants and I’m really considering making one with those but properly and not as ugly.

Attachments

Sterls

Arachnobaron
You called it ugly, not me...Actually yes I called it ugly too.

Is that black silicone? Are you sure it's animal safe?

It's creative, I'll give you that.

Popolo

Arachnopeon
Is that black silicone? Are you sure it's animal safe?
I forgot to mention this one won’t be used for anything alive. It was just a proof of concept to see it I could do it. If I do it again I will be using safe silicone and proper ventilation

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
The dollar store is a great place to find sling enclosures but there are containers you could use that are much more suitable.
Very creative, though.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Love the creativity!....but that thing is fugly lol but in an interesting way

Last edited:

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
To be fair, I love dollar tree. But you would be able to build 20 of those enclosures with better and more proper materials from home depot or Lowes. And lets not kid ourselves here, we all know you are going to end up buying more bugs...

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
I forgot to mention this one won’t be used for anything alive.
A lego spider would be neat in there. :)

Popolo

Arachnopeon
To be fair, I love dollar tree. But you would be able to build 20 of those enclosures with better
Of definitely but not for $6 I wouldn’t. I’d rather waste $6 then wast $20+ trying to learn

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
That enclosure looks like hot garbage compared to the plastic jars and containers for $1 you can easily drill or solder holes into...

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It was just a proof of concept to see it I could do it.
It reminds me a lot of the first station wagons Thailand made. I happen to own one. After you stare at it for a while you get to wondering what they were thinking. What was the plan? Zip ties to hold the front grill on when they discovered it wouldn't fit in front of the air conditioning condenser. The thirty or so washers in the window tracks so they will go both up and down... the nifty plastic vent grills but no vents cut to let air in or out.......

MrPole

Arachnopeon
and more TIME to do things.
But building things is one of the things people like to do when they have more time to do things. Even if they are building things for no other reason than to build them because, or to see if, then can.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
But building things is one of the things people like to do when they have more time to do things. Even if they are building things for no other reason than to build them because, or to see if, then can.
Yup and now most people have tons of time on their hands

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
True- I don’t have time to waste. I don’t care what other people do, they have to find value in their time not me!