Dolichothele diamentinensis or GBB?

Spoderman

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

I was considering my next purchase and I am hesitating between the diamentinensis or the GBB? (I wanted the GBB before, but now the diamentinensis is 10$ cheaper)

Thanks

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Hi guys,

I was considering my next purchase and I am hesitating between the diamentinensis or the GBB? (I wanted the GBB before, but now the diamentinensis is 10$ cheaper)

Thanks
Ive not owned diamentinensis but recently got a GBB sling & am really pleased with it. I'm really glad that I got it.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Depends if you want bigger or smaller T in the end, since diamantinensis is basically dwarf version of gbb

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would write down a list of the plus's and minus's, then read the original papers describing them and make a decision.
Then when you finished that I would calculate in how long each lives, see how much dollar/year you are getting.
Then I would create a web survey and send it out on twitter AND on FB so you get the most exposure, because this is a major decision that requires world input, or the the hobby may implode.;)

Even then you'd have to do survey in triplicate over the course of a year to get an accurate idea of people's thoughts.

If you don't do the above, and just figure a way to make the decision on your own, that's just too risky. :D

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I would go by which size you prefer rather than the $10 difference. Both web up the enclosure. The diamentinensis adult is much smaller than a GBB adult so it will require less space if you are limited on that area.

I was considering the diamentinensis at one time but do not own one. I think some people are keeping the substrate more moist for the diamentinensis, but you really need an owner of this species to provide care information more accurately. GBB adults like it very dry.

If you do searches on Google or this board you might also search for Oligoxystre diamentinensis since that is the former genus for it before it got moved.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I would write down a list of the plus's and minus's, then read the original papers describing them and make a decision.
Then when you finished that I would calculate in how long each lives, see how much dollar/year you are getting.
Then I would create a web survey and send it out on twitter AND on FB so you get the most exposure, because this is a major decision that requires world input, or the the hobby may implode.;)

Even then you'd have to do survey in triplicate over the course of a year to get an accurate idea of people's thoughts.

If you don't do the above, and just figure a way to make the decision on your own, that's just too risky. :D
Perfect!!!

Ten Dollars? You're not 12 are you? That might explain some things. Sorry, my backspace button was eaten by my dog and I don't have the $3.89 to fix it.
Don't forget to calculate the cost of larger size and quantity of crickets and the expected drinking water differences.
Sorry, but you brought out my inner sarcasm.

Get what you want. A 10 buck difference should never be a consideration when making a decision like this. Which one do you like more? Maybe if one is harder to find and it's the "right one" Go for that one.

Good luck buddy

Last edited:

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
honestly get both.

diamentinensis might be a species that may be harder to come by later on or not, it's a gamble. My LPS just started to carry them but price is keeping me away.

GBB, we can never have enough in the hobby.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
GBB is pretty easy to care for. I havent done much research into the other species but I can recommend the GBB. Its a great display T