Doing GBB setup right now. Please respond ASAP

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I know you've heard me talking about trading my GBB for a bigger spider to put in my 20 gal but I have decided against that. I just don't see me coming out on top doing that so i've decided to move her into the 20. I know there will be alot of unused space in the aquarium but the only way that could hurt is if the crickets got lost in there which I won't let happen. Ok on to the question. Should I cover my hide with substrate or leave it out in the open? Her hide is one of those half circle huts that is cut at an angle to fit in the corner. Please answer ASAP because im doing the setup as we speak. Thanks, Trey

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you left the hide exposed, your GBB could use it to anchor more webbing... Just a thought

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Should I cover my hide with substrate or leave it out in the open?
The only difference is that one will result in a hide covered with web and dirt, and the other will result in one covered with just web. The end result will look the same and the T won't care. :)

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok thanks....I left it on top of the substrate and as you predicted she webbed it up. The way I did it im hoping for alot of web. Lots of different types of fake plants and a few peices of grapevine. I'll try to get some pics.