Dog problems??

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello, I have a 11 year old female pit that has been fixed for 9 yrs. And i have a yorkie that is a year next month, male not neutered YET! For the last few weeks he has been glued to maggie the pit! Radar the yorkie will not leave her alone. He constantly has his nose buried in her female parts! I dont know if he is just super horny or what! but it is getting annoying! For me and maggie! He even wines and paces when he cant get to her! what do i do? thanks for any advice!

bengalfan

Arachnopeon
Get him Neutered soon. could also be a dominance thing to I once had a female dog that would ride peoples leg.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Get him Neutered soon. could also be a dominance thing to I once had a female dog that would ride peoples leg.
thats what i thought too, but she puts him on the ground or knocks him for a loop when he gets his nose in there! he is only three pounds! she is about sixety! shes a grouch! cant blame her!

bengalfan

Arachnopeon
thats funny the dog I have now is getting old but when he was a pup he was twice the size of the female I had so it was kind of a reverse situation she was spayed and I got him done at about six months and things did calm down some so it does help.

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, get him neutered. You could also try a spray bottle to get him when he is getting where he isn't invited- if you are nervous about your female dog telling him on her own to back off.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You could either use a squirt bottle or if you have one, use a crate as a "time out." Not kidding; that's how we disipline dogs at the daycare. Soon as he's where he isn't wanted, put him in the crate for 8-10 seconds or increase the time span if he isn't getting the picture. You can also have him leashed and do the same thing by taking him out of the room for short periods when he's misbehaving. You can mark the exact time he's doing something wrong before a time out as well (like with a stern "No" or "Off")

Getting him altered would be your best bet though. Get rid of or surpress the drive.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think that this is so much a sexual issue as a dominance issue. What most people do not realize is that female dogs produce testosterone, too. In an intact female, the estrogen and other female hormones normally cover the testosterone, but in a spayed female the testosterone level actually INCREASES. This can have the unwanted effect of making a spayed female smell like a MALE, which can trigger dominance-aggression in male dogs. The Yorkie most likely now considers the female APBT to be a rival male. Neutering the Yorkie might help, but most of the time, dominance issues are a matter of the owner not having established themselves as the Alpha, so the dog, regardless of sexual status, takes it upon itself to do so. The Yorkie is very lucky that the APBT is obviously a passive/submissive dog, otherwise she'd rebuff his attempt to dominate her, and that would almost certainly result in a dead Yorkie, given the size difference. All too often I've seen little dogs that seem to think they are ten feet tall and bullet-proof, when it comes to challanging much larger dogs, yet inevitably, the big dog will be blamed and labled "vicious" when it retaliates.

pitbulllady

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think that this is so much a sexual issue as a dominance issue. What most people do not realize is that female dogs produce testosterone, too. In an intact female, the estrogen and other female hormones normally cover the testosterone, but in a spayed female the testosterone level actually INCREASES. This can have the unwanted effect of making a spayed female smell like a MALE, which can trigger dominance-aggression in male dogs. The Yorkie most likely now considers the female APBT to be a rival male. Neutering the Yorkie might help, but most of the time, dominance issues are a matter of the owner not having established themselves as the Alpha, so the dog, regardless of sexual status, takes it upon itself to do so. The Yorkie is very lucky that the APBT is obviously a passive/submissive dog, otherwise she'd rebuff his attempt to dominate her, and that would almost certainly result in a dead Yorkie, given the size difference. All too often I've seen little dogs that seem to think they are ten feet tall and bullet-proof, when it comes to challanging much larger dogs, yet inevitably, the big dog will be blamed and labled "vicious" when it retaliates.

pitbulllady
thank you for your reply! The thing that makes me think sexual is this... When i see him behind her i yell and he immediately drops low and kinda cows out to me! I am the dominant! I believe, he sneaks around and humps my slippers now untill i catch him, and the pit has knocked him for a loop a time or two and even cut his head! It was not a bite she more like hit him with her teeth! I dont blame her really she got a stern talking to but not in trouble she hates to get in trouble! I think the only option is to save up the 200 and get him neutered! I got it to where he dont go by her while im in the room but he is turning into a nasty little man! Got to get him cut! It all started when i went to my mother in laws house and he seen the baby male chiwawa. he peed on it and it began! The second he got home he was glued to maggie and my slipper! just the left one!lol thanks all and i have come to the conclusion neuter the darn dog! He is even loosing weight that he cant afford to loose! he is under 3 pounds now and he was just over! i have started giving him baby food meats to put weight on!